Stallion fights for abandoned foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
http://www.nickolesphotography.com/Images/...-Foal/index.htm

Wow is all I can say about this!!! It is by far one of the most beautiful and amazing things I've seen in a long while! Essentially, a wild stallion fights another wild stallion (a VERY dramatic fight) in defense of an abandoned foal. It turns out with a happy ending! You have GOT to check these photos out.

default_wub.png

That's quite incredible!!! Thank you for sharing!

this reminds me of my two horses

my stallion Twinkle sired his son,

i then gelded him, and weaned he foal, and had to part with the mare

ever since he will not let his son out of his site

if anyone approaches the son whos a yearling now, he will almost attack them, its crazy

the son is a dwarf, and i think he knows that he needs protection, he stands over him while he sleeps

and eats, its really really amazing to me.......

I almost rehomed the son, until my hubby watched them out the window one day and said you cant.......

he knows.. thats his son...

Just fantastic photography. That is quite a story of natural instinct and servival. What an awesome horse. It must have been truely amazing to watch this unfold right in front of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I can just hear them screaming. Poor little baby right in the middle, but never touched. And where was his momma? Great pics! I think that would have been hard to watch!

Amazing. I LOVE stories where the horses do "unhorse-like" things that are supposedly against their instincts. Go Chaco!

Leia

Just thought I would mention it was not myself that took these photos. I was given this link by a friend!

They really are amazing though!

Latest posts

Back