splinter fix

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afoulk

Reaction score
The other day I got a splinter imbedded in my thumb. It hurt and I did not want to have to dig it out as it was deep and hard to see. I found this fix on the net and tried it. Well it worked with no pain. Mix a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the splinter area that has been cleaned and dried.

Apply a bandage and leave for 24 hours. May have to do this more than once. I did it twice and the 2nd time I removed the bandage you could see the splinter had worked itself right out. Has anyone else ever tried this?

never tried on a splinter but on bee stings ( except i don't wrap them) and it works great on them too.

Hmmm, I've never tried that but I swear one time I remember using a banana peel for that. Am I going crazy?
default_unsure.png

Vicks works too...both on splinters and stings or bug bites!

Wish I'd known all these tips when I had my ginormous splinter (6 inches long).....though I don't think I could have avoided the ER trip even with those tips
default_wink.png

I love my splinter story....but it does gross many people out!
default_laugh.png

~kathryn

Wish I'd known all these tips when I had my ginormous splinter (6 inches long).....though I don't think I could have avoided the ER trip even with those tips
default_wink.png

I love my splinter story....but it does gross many people out!
default_laugh.png

~kathryn
You have me curious now...don't hold back! I wanna hear! LOL

That's a good tip!
default_yes.gif

Also super glue works. Put a dot of glue, after it dries, pull it out & the splinter is stuck to the glue. So I've heard! I've never tried it.

The banana peel is what I heard you rub on warts?

We use the baking soda and water paste for bee stings, will have to try it on the next splinter.

Latest posts

Back