show clothing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Socks Miniature

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My horse and I went to our very first mini show this past weekend (pics to come tmrw!) I had never been to one before as I have always been working that weekend or had other commitments. I was SOO proud of my girl who showed in 9 classes over the weekend placing in 7 of them!

Anyways my question is... does anyone know a good website for show clothing (halter moastly!)?

Thank you!

Masako

We've found that the consignment shops and salvation/Good will stores are good places to find things. Then if they get ruined, you're not out much! We've found some great buys, and some very nice stuff.

I LOVE, LOVE Ebay!!!!!!

My second favorite is www.Coldwatercreek.com. I only buy from the outlet section since their clothes are expensive.

Good luck, and congrats on a great first show!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hello everyone!

My horse and I went to our very first mini show this past weekend (pics to come tmrw!) I had never been to one before as I have always been working that weekend or had other commitments. I was SOO proud of my girl who showed in 9 classes over the weekend placing in 7 of them!

Anyways my question is... does anyone know a good website for show clothing (halter moastly!)?

Thank you!

Masako

If you want to PM me with your size, I have several nice jackets/blazers that I no longer need.

Over the years, I've gotten tons of nice designer "show" jackets from eBay, a lot of times as part of a skirt or pants suits, and they do double time as I wear them to the office as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm researching info on how to show, the requirements, etc, I've never shown horses before, so I'm a total show "dummy."

Can you folks who show post some photos of what you wear? I don't even know what to look for at Goodwill, what length is appropriate for blazers, etc??

Thanks!

Ebay is where i have bought most of my show jackets. There are some very good deals on there. I've actually found one or two at Walmart as well that look very very nice too. Im always looking for nice show jackets as you can never have to many.

Ebay is about the most reasonable priced and you will find many items that will work for the show ring
default_yes.gif

If you have them close by, be sure to also check Goodwill and consignment/resale stores.

Fabric note:

Keep an eye out for clothes made from tencil. It takes color brilliantly, drapes beautifully, and is machine washable.

Also, look for at least a small percentage of lycra or other stretchy content in slacks, as the knees, butt, etc., are less likely to bag after bending to set hooves, etc.

Long jackets give a subtle equestrian look without looking too much like English riding or hunter attire. They're also more flattering on the less-than-svelte (like yours truly).

Def. the Value Village has been our staple for many a year..however I have a few western shirts that were very pricey heh...I have so many clothes...its not even funny....its actually scary, I have a closet of regular clothes and a separate closet for show colthes hehe

Latest posts

Back