Shelters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaddleTrail

Reaction score
I have a problem and no help.

The shelter I am using for Shotguns "stall" is leaking and we are going to have a weeks worth of rain this up coming week. He has been wet before and it did'nt hurt him at all. I just went out and made sure he was wiped down a bit during the day.

This last week we had 3 or 4 days of rain and his shelter leaked like he** and the ground is like wet mush now.

I can't get it fixed before my son or daughter shows up to help me and I have no idea when that will be.

I threw tarp over it and thought it was working but since I cant get up on a ladder it didnt work.

Any ideas or will it hurt him to get wet? He still has his winter woolies and has plenty of trees to get under, which is what he did last time.

I am being a over protective "mom" I know but can't help myself!!

Mine, if given the choice, will stand in the rain the entire day. They really seem to prefer it.

I do make sure they have a wind block though, wind can really chill them.

Where are you located and what is the temperatures during these days?

You can find a waterproof blanket, I have done that to protect pregnant mares that didn't have overhead shelters, but did have wind blocks.

A friend of mine just bought a horse that spent 2 years in a pasture with no shelter. The mare was even in foal. As long as they don't get chilled they are fine. I also would not rub the horses down too much because you can end up rubbing the water into the hair insted of wipeing it off.

Thank you all. I know I am being a worry wart ~S~

He has all kinds of trees, over hangs and he can go into his castle, there is the right side he can stand in that isnt getting to wet heheh.

My son called and asked me to watch the baby tomorrow and sunday. Told him sure, just get here early so you can help me put up a truck tarp for ShotGun hehehe

So hopefully it will get done tomorrow and I wont be such a worrier!

Latest posts

Back