SF trip with my sweetie and...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Just got home on Tuesday night from my trip to San Francisco for the SF International Dragon Boat Festival, which my team raced in (our last race of the season
default_bye-sad.gif
)...and had a wonderful time there!! I had been to SF a few times...driving thru basically...when I was younger, but this was my 1st time really exploring the city and I really love it there! I hope to go back again sometime.

As you know, my GF Deb had planned to move to Oregon from Florida, so she made it happen via SF...we met at the SF airport, spent the time there together and she flew home with me (she brought her Yorkie Stevie with her). This made the trip doubly fun, making it a vacation with my sweetie as well as the race.
default_wub.png

Thursday we got into town, spent the afternoon, getting to our hotel and getting Stevie situated at the kennel, then relaxed in the hotel.

Friday we went to Fisherman's Wharf to do a "Go Car" tour. If you have never seen/heard of them...they are a small 3 wheeled vehicle made for 2 people, kind of like a "go cart" and it has a GPS system in it that takes you on a tour of the city. Google it if you wanna see it!! We had a 5 hr tour and still didnt see everything we meant to! It was a blast, tho seeing the city this way! Friday evening, my team had a pre-race meeting that I needed to go to.

Saturday and Sunday were race days...busy, busy, busy! We raced in 6 heats (3 each day) and I was in all but one heat (we brought 3 extra people to rotate), so I was really happy about that! Our team raced in 2 different divisions...womens and mixed...and we came in 4th in both!! Very impressive considering the competition...teams came from all over...CA, OR, AZ, TX, and BC Canada! Sunday evening our team went out to dinner/drinks, but I had a sudden onset of a migraine and needed to leave...that was the only upsetting part of the whole trip!

Monday we went to Alcatraz and that was very kewl! I love things like that...that type of history. Afterwards, we spent the day at the Wharf, walking around and shopping. This was the only day we had to go on the trolley...and it was broke down!! (OK, that was disappointing, too, but at least I can do that next time!)

Tuesday we went to the Castro District (gay section of town) and Haight/Ashbury (which was not like I had imagined it...lol...thought it would still be very "hippy-ish" there, but its not...lol). After that we had to get ready for the airport and get Stevie from the kennel.

It was a very BUSY trip, but we still didnt see everything we wanted to see. Going on vacation with someone you don't know well can be very...um...interesting...LOL...We got frustrated with each other a few times, but I am not complaining and we still want to be together so thats a good thing.....LOL!!
default_wub.png
default_poke.gif

Oh...and the weather was awesome the whole time, too!!

Here are a few pics of the trip...

Golden Gate Bridge:

DSCN0075.jpg

Alcatraz:

DSCN0256.jpg

SF from Treasure Island:

DSCN0130.jpg

Deb and I on ferry:

DSCN0183.jpg

Deb sitting on Go Car:

DSCN0068.jpg

Dragon Boat race:

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, I'm so glad you had a good trip!!! Traveling with ANYONE can make you bump heads, Steve and I do it all of the time~LOL It's great to hear you're doing well sweetie!!

Great pictures Linda. Thank you for sharing! Looks like you and Deb had a lot of fun in the city. Growing up there I absolutely loved it. There are certain smells you remember as a child going thru the different districts taking in the smells of places like China Town and Fishermans Warf. Sure do miss it.

Thanks again for the memories!

It sounds and looks like you two had a great trip. Have you gotten all settled in now? How does Deb and Stevie like OR?

Love the pictures!!!

It is great to see you so happy. You deserve it!!!

When does your dragon boat season start again?

Great pics Linda! I wondered where you were; haven't seen you post in a while. Kev and I are going to San Fran in February. Can't wait.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great time. I've never been to CA, would love to go someday.

Congrats on your placings with the dragon boat races!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and the congrats on the race!!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Dragon boat season will start up again in January with "dry land" conditioning, then on the water training in March.

Deb and Stevie (who is female btw...she is named after Stevie Nicks...lol) love Oregon, but Deb has already caught a cold from the temp changes from Florida to CA to Oregon! awwww......
default_sad.png

LOL Laura...I know...but it still was quite interesting, since we were trying to be "on our best behavior", too...we bit our tongues a lot....LOL!! But, laughed about it later....
default_laugh.png

Hey Linda -- good to "see" you! I'm glad that the two of you survived one of those critical relationship tests and had fun! Keith and I keep planning to go to SF, but haven't made it down there together, although he lived in the Bay area for awhile.

You owe the Hwy 30 contingent a visit! Perhaps we can put together a mini drive on the Linear Park Trail.

Latest posts

Back