Ruby's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stampedeoflove

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a little 29" mare that is 305 days along today. She is bred to Lazy Days Midnight Lightening, aka Leo, my 27" black pinto stallion. She began to develop baggage the end of last week and all looks great. Just the waiting game. I do have a webcam, but am not on Marestare. So just message me you email address if you'd like to help keep an eye on her (especially the wee hours of the night :) ). It is through Dropcam so you will need to set up an account with them to view, but it is 100% free. Happy foaling season.

Baby has slowed down, this was March 2nd

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203483169865810&l=7857685598850456036

snow1.jpg

IMG_2296.JPG

63119_1752667862414_1410434150_31912182_511631_n.jpg

rubyrear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely mare and gorgeous stallion! Looking forward to seeing baby! Also really enjoyed the video!!

This should be a very pretty baby! So glad you joined us here to let us watch and wait with you!

Wishing you all the best for a safe foaling
default_worshippy.gif

What a pretty little mare - and your stallion is gorgeous! You must be really excited to see this baby, we are excited too. Thanks for coming here to share this with us.
default_yes.gif

Good luck and safe foaling.

Thank you so much. This will be my Stallion's first baby. He has two due this year (the other is a buckskin pinto owned by a friend) and we are very excited.

Waiting for baby Kiwi-This pretty much sums it up-lol

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

She looks good! Nice udder, too. I think a bit more filling will point those nipples straight down, and once they're filled she should go! Very exciting. Can you take a picture from the back looking down her sides so we can see how baby is riding and whether s/he's lined up for birthing?

Thanks!

Sure. Took these this afternoon. Was a bit wet and dreary out, so her damp coat is probably not going to help you be able to see much. Her due date is April 9.

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

She's looking good! Nice udder, and once those nipples separate and point down, and she does a few good rolls to get baby lined up, she'll be ready to go!

Keep us posted!!

Her teats are beginning to separate :) She is also have tail swishing fits and biting at her sides like a a big old fly is driving her crazy-lol. I'm thinking by the end of the week.

CAM00340.jpg

Very good progress for 1 day. Yes, she'll bear very close watching now, as she can foal with that udder if she wants to. So, keep a close watch, and we're all here for you if you need us! Can't wait for the announcement!

Today she is testing 6.4 on her ph Foaltime strips. Secretions are yellow but clear and slightly sticky. I shaved her down last night as our temps have been in the 80's and she was miserable. Lots of tail swishing, rear leg raising, rubbing on every wall, post & tree she can find and hind leg weight shifting. Hasn't laid down much at all. Drank a ton of water today,

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

WOW! Just look at her! Give her some room to roll a few times, and she should go!!

Waiting for your announcement, too!

Latest posts

Back