Red is one his way to a GREAT new home!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozley

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on Red, the little mini I posted about awhile back.

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.ph...101320&st=0

Red has been doing very well since living with us. I immediately had him gelded, caught up to date on shots, wormed and had his hooves trimmed. He has been nothing but a perfect gentlemen. He truly has a sweet, gentle soul and deserves to find a forever home where he would be spoiled rotten.

After Red got settled in I sent off an email to several of my friends asking them if they knew of anyone interested in him. I got a response back immediately from my dear friend, Barbara who lives in PA.

Barbara's daughter, Beth, had cerebral palsy amongst many numerous severe health conditions. Beth needed 24/7 care and Barbara was getting older so she had placed Beth in a very nice home with several other woman with disabilities in a very rural area of PA. Barbara lived in Pittsburgh, so she then packed up her house after living there for over 30 years and bought an old farm on 9 acres very close to where her daughter was living. Her plan was to start a program for these woman working with the animals. Barbara then purchased my 2 donkies which I had already done alot of volunteer work with in the past that would be perfect for this role. She also bought couple of goats from my friend. Last on her list was to find a very quite, easy going miniature horse.

Sadly, 2 months ago, Beth passed away. As you can imagine, Barbara was heartbroken. I thought at that point she might no go along with her plan. But when I told her about Red she told me she just HAD to have him. She felt that she needed him as much as he needed her. She has decided that she wants to continue with the program in honor of Beth. Red is going to be perfect for this role. He is just so gentle and unassuming.

The transporter picked up Red this morning (I still had challenges with the previous owner up until the last minute), but all is good now and he is on his way to a much better way of life. He should be arriving there around noon tomorrow. Barbara is ecstatic!

So all is good for dear, sweet Red and a wonderful, caring woman named Barbara.

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Trails to you Red!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
I hope he does extremely well with his new family
default_yes.gif
:yes

Thank you again Sue for taking Red in to your care and getting him out of that H**L Hole he was in...he is definitely a sweetheart
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!
default_wink.png

Sue doesnt it feel wonderful when a perfect home is found? Now you know exactly how I felt when Bozley and Fancy came to live with you. Have a ball sweet Red run and romp.

Nita

Yes Anita, it feels awesome!

Red arrived in PA this morning. He did great on the trip and has settled in at her place just fine. Barbara just adores him.

I love happy endings!

Sue

Latest posts

Back