Question on pregnant mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
Ok. This is not about a mini but a full sized horse but I figured it should be the same. Ok For three days straight she was waxing as low as she could go on the PH strips, full tight bag, relaxed to the hilt. Now its like she regressed. She is not waxing anymore, the bag is not as big anymore and its harder to get any milk out of her. Shes on the high end of the PH strips and shes not as relaxed as she was before. Can mares do this. She is a maiden mare but I thought once they were ready they would be having it. Whats going on. Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Alisha

Alisha,

Wish there were some magical answers........She's obviously getting ready. All you can do is keep watching and keep testing. I bet when her PH test changes again, it'll be the real thing.

MA

i hate to say this but i had a mare do this several times. Shes the only really spooky mare i have and she DID NOT want to be watched. I think she kept delaying her own foaling (horses are the only animal that can do that) Eventually she has to have it so hang in there!

Latest posts

Back