Puppies!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Hey All!

I helped my registered German Shepherd whelp Wednesday night/Thursday; WOW! It was my first time fully helping out and what an experience. She'll be eight in January and she had nine puppies!!!!!! Poor girl
default_sad.png
She had five on Wed. night/Thursday morning. I thought she was done at about 4:30am, so I went to bed to get 1 1/2 hour's sleep because I need to finish baling Thurday morning. Well!!! She looked good wehn I woke up; no more heavy labour panting. I helped bale for two or three hours and then came in. I was looking at the puppies and talking to my sweets on the phone (who is in North Carolina on business). He suggested giving her another cc of oxytocin just to help with her milk. I gave her a shot and half an hour later she's in labour again. Ten minutes after that a pup comes out...dead. She had two more dead ones after that and then a LIVE one. YAY. So we've got six gorgeous puppies. I'll include pics soon!

Matt

Yes, I have learned also to always give a shot of oxytozin to make sure they are cleaned out.

Sounds like you did great CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Well now......ready for pictures! :bgrin

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations! Having puppies is a wonderful experience! I so feel like their mom when it is all done...... Didnt find the puppies on your photo page but love those kitties![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations! Having puppies is a wonderful experience! I so feel like their mom when it is all done...... Didnt find the puppies on your photo page but love those kitties![/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks all! I do feel a bit like "mom" LOL; after helping to get sacks off etc., I feel so motherly (or fatherly
default_wink.png
: ).

Congratulations! Sorry for your losses, but six is a good number and plenty for Mom to take care of anyway. Enjoy them now while they're not much work.
default_wink.png
:

We're planning our first Saluki litter in over three years...I'm so excited now that I've settled in on a dog. Hopefully I'll be pulling an all-nighter in a few months!

Shelley

Congratulations! Sorry for your losses, but six is a good number and plenty for Mom to take care of anyway. Enjoy them now while they're not much work.
default_wink.png
:

We're planning our first Saluki litter in over three years...I'm so excited now that I've settled in on a dog. Hopefully I'll be pulling an all-nighter in a few months!

Shelley

Thanks Shelly

I was looking at your website (I'd never heard of Salukis before)...They look like they have greyhound in them. Beautiful dogs, Shelly. Good luck in the coming months with your litter! I'll be looking forward to [/b]your "whelping" post!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the other way round- Saluki's are the original Greyhound- I am a great admirer but I have enough trouble with stubborn Dobes without having a gazehound as well!!

If there is one thing on earth I love more than horses, it is puppies! If I ever decided to raise them, I'd have more dogs than horses which cannot be. Congratulations on the new four legged babies!!!

Thanks, Matt and Jane.
default_smile.png

Salukis are not the breed for everybody, but they certainly are the breed for us. Our little boy loves our Cavalier more, but then she's more little boy oriented.

Jane, my best friend has had a Dobe that would lay her beautiful head in my lap when I visited and just try to tell me the saddest stories, she was so funny and a real love. Purchased as a show dog, but did not turn out to be so and was also a medical nightmare. Julie now has a rescue Dobe. They sure are a sweet breed!

Matt, please keep us posted with pics of those little ones! Can't wait to see them!!

Shelley

Latest posts

Back