Pippin's new do!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O So

Reaction score
A while back ago I clipped O So's belly. It was to cold to do all of him. I then tried to clip Pippins belly. He didn't like that at all. He kept panicing so I quit. So I figured I would just let him shed on his own. He was doing pretty good on it, but still had most of his sides and belly that were just as fluffy as it was in winter. His shed out parts looked really sleak and shiney. I couldn't stand the fluffy sides anymore so today I made another attempt. He did great!! He looks so much better, even though he has some clipper tracks! LOL

Before

2ed04b97.jpg

I didn't have pic of him before I shaved him. Thought of that after the fact, but the pic above tells how fuzzy his sides were.

After!!

6011deee.jpg

You can see that the front part of him ( his shoulders) are nice and shiney and smooth! I wasn't able to give him a bath before or after the clip job, so the shaved areas are dull of course!

I think he is going to be quite a looker once he gets a bath and starts to smooth out.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks

He is actually a horse of many colors! LOL

Here is one from when I first got him.

a8d4d54c.jpg

See all the light brown under him. He almost has the color of a mule or donkey.

Then this photos shows that he is mostly black,

IMG_1264.jpg

That one was about 2 months later then the first.

And now shaved,\

6011deee.jpg

You can can again see the lighter color in his tummy and lower half!

I can't wait to give him a bath. I think he is going to be really shiney and an overall good looker!!
default_wub.png

Pippin is SO CUTE!!! How tall is he? He looks just as tiny as a minute. What a dolly he is.
default_wub.png

Pippin is SO CUTE!!! How tall is he? He looks just as tiny as a minute. What a dolly he is.
default_wub.png

He was last measured at a little over 27 inches! He's really tall! LOL
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the comments! I really do love him. He is looking better and better every day!! Can't wait for summer to get here so I can take some better pics!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back