Pippin's First Outing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O So

Reaction score
Today it was finally not raining, and I decided to try to load O So and Pippin into the bus for the first time. It went so well I decided to take them to the stables. They did really well on the ride there. I really like having the divider in the stall. I can be a little less forgiving on stops and don't have to worry about them falling now! Although I try to be as safe as possible. Once I got there things got a bit interesting. I have made some notes to myself and need to adjust some things to make unloading them safer. Luckily my friend was there and she helped with one while I got the other. Basically I need better cross ties to keep them in while I am getting the ramp out or getting one horse out. I think I can resolve the problem by using a m/c tank net. It would stretch across and make a more solid door, instead of the single bungy I was trying to use. The single bungie, made it possible for them to just stick their heads underneath and then try to walk out.

I had a fun time trying to manage both horses, but after a few minutes and a few tangles, we finally got a rhythm. I ended up putting O So's lunge line on him and that helped a lot. I am going to buy Pippin a lunge line too, then I should have an even easier time.

It was pretty interesting when Pippin started rolling. LOL Then O So started to roll. I managed to keep them both from being tangled in their leads, but it was fun trying too! LOL It was also to cute!! I wish I could have taken video of them rolling by each other. My hands were too full with lead ropes though. LOL

Here is a video of them in the arena for the first time together. The noise you hear is not me snorting, it is a couple horses tied to a trailer that are behind me.

Here are a couple pics of them out in the grass. It was almost as tall as them. LOL

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

All went well and I can't wait to do my adjustments on my stall gates and get back into going to the stables everyday!! The boy's really enjoyed it.

I love both of them and love all your post on them, but oh my Pippin' has one of the cutest faces EVER!
default_wub.png

So adorable. They obviously had a great time in the arena!
default_yes.gif

I see them enjoying lots of tall grass. Make sure they don't eat too much fresh spring grass- it can cause founder.

Awww... so cute! Pippin looks like he's settled in really well and O So is looking great, too!

I see them enjoying lots of tall grass. Make sure they don't eat too much fresh spring grass- it can cause founder.

We go for a walk through the field. They nibble as we go but are only out there for about 10-20 minutes. It was funny, when we got to the short grass ( it was mowed), Pippin thought it would be great to roll in it. He would roll, stop on his side, take a bite, and then roll over again, take a bite, and so on! LOL
biggrin.gif
I really wish I could have gotten that on video. 2 horse rolling on lead lines at the same time makes it hard to whip out the phone to take videos! LOL

Thanks for all the compliments and posts. Yah, Pippin is fitting right in. They both like to play together so it makes it nice. He is starting to come around with me too. He doesn't walk away as much and I can give him a scratch more then when I first got him. I know he will get better as the weather gets nicer. I will be able to spend more time with them both then. Can't wait for the rain to go away for good, well till next winter! LOL

Latest posts

Back