Patty is starting to get big

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Patty does not have a baby picture to post yet, but my sons girlfriend just had two cute little babies. Well they are big babies. Still cute though. Same daddy for both babies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OMG, so adorable. I love babies in all sizes. What fun to see their photos.

Very Nice Kim. You will have one of your very own soon enough
default_smile.png

Yes they were so sweet and soft. They do look like twins. One is a lot bigger though. The first one is two days old and the second is four. One was sweet and the other one (the oldest) was scared. I hope Patty's is sweet.

We also got snow! It is beautiful! It want last long here. We are having fun with it! I have the horses in their pen. I want to let them out to run but there is no shelter in the yard. I am also afraid Patty will slip and fall.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow the snow looks beautiful
default_smile.png
We don't get snow ever here where I am from.

Patty is looking fantastic Kim, She definitely looks as tho she is shopping for milk supplies when your not looking
default_smile.png

bet your starting to get excited now
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Yes, I can see changes too. The snow is beautiful. We had some here and I did the same thing with my mare - didn't let her out because I was afraid she'd slip. I bet you are getting excited.

Well our beautiful snow has melted and gone away! It was fun while it lasted.

Yes, I am getting a little excited. I still want her to wait for all the cold weather to go away before she gives us a sweet baby.

I am going to rant about Wishbone! I was taking them back to their sheds for dinner from the yard. I just left the gate open bc he usually just follows. He wanted to hang around the house and eat all the green grass. Which would be fine except for the fact that he he want let me catch him or near him unless he is in the pen. He seems to have gotten worse since I got him gelded. So he runs all around to the neighbors and so on. One neighbor coming home from work stopped and her kids whom love the horses helped me to get him back in the fenced in yard! Well I was mad and sat there watching him run and whinney and look at the others eating there dinner across the yard. I seriously thought about leaving him there over night. There is no shelter for him and it is going to be freezing temps tonight. I thought I would give him one try to catch him. I was not going to chase him. He was at the back corner of the house so I walked to him and he ran to the front to the gate and stood there and let me put the lead on and take him to his buddies! I guess he read my mind!

If someone had of asked for him, I seriously would have said "he is yours" and walked home! I just don't get him! Although he did look pretty running through the woods jumping over fallen trees and stuff. I thought he was pretty and looked really neat while he was mad bc he was separated. He was running and bucking. He would put his head down and run the circle in the yard back to the gate several times. He is lucky no one asked for him and that I love him.

Sounds as though he was out having an adventure and thoughts of green grass and spring were in his mind. I'm glad you finally got him and he came to you. And yes, we love them even when they drive us crazy
default_yes.gif

Sounds as though wishbone is quite the little character. I'm sure there are many more adventure s in store for the two of you
default_smile.png

Your snow pics were beautiful and Patty is looking good, Kim! I'm looking forward to seeing the foal she's hiding. I don't have any babies coming this year - still haven't really made up my mind if we are breeding 1 or 2 yet for next (shouldn't). I MISS the babies.

Ahhhh - the "ye ole Merry Chase"... Yes, we know that one well.

It isn't that hes' changed since being gelded - it's that he feels better and now has the energy to MOVE since you've brought him to the optimal (or getting to that point) condition. He couldn't do it before - because he simply could not.

Horses that seem tame and/or "trained" often are not but you can't always tell when they are way underweight and just struggling to survive.

You'll just have to learn his personality and maybe get some handling help to learn the subtle body language that can make a huge difference in catching him. I've been around horses/ponies a long time - and I'm still learning that! I have a tendency to be too aggressive w/ my body language. The 3 mares that I've got now - let me know all about it (can't get near them!) when I'm wrong or too "forceful".

In the meantime, venting is quite alright, LOL!

It has been a little over a week since I posted a pic of Patty. I still hope she waits until April.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I can't remember if it was said or not, but how are you figuring April as a due date month? Minis don't read the books, and can have viable foals at around 300 days (10 months), so thought I'd ask.

Lol Chanda, bc I told her to wait. I want warmer weather. I am hoping she listens. I need to clean their sheds and make them fresh again bc the rain has it a slushy mud pit. Not so much on Patty's side but the guys part is bad. Especially under the lean to. They don't go in the part that is okay. Does she look like she is going to listen or do her own thing? She really enjoyed herself yesterday, it was rather cool out and she was running and prancing. Had her head down. I was a little worried about her running like that but she was fine. She is starting to get a bit bossy. Lol.

I thought they were supposed to go for eleven months. The baby is still kicking and moving. Isn't the baby supposed to quit moving so much before she foals?

Another question, the pics of her hoo ha, is it supposed to change colors?

Latest posts

Back