PALS Miniatures Foaling Thread *** Updated Pictures 5/21***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pam I'm so sorry to hear your vets results

Have you ever tried Rejuvenaide . It sounds lke it won't help in her case but alot of people

seem to love it for helping to straightening legs under normal conditions

Here is a link might be worth trying in the outside chance it could help

http://www.prognutri...enaideplus.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Pam, I agree on the second opinion. Her legs aren't nearly as bad as Forrest's! I also agree on the Rejuvenade. Doc had me give one Foalade one time. Same thing, just different brands, I think. Don't give up on her yet! A little time and exercise might be all she needs! Hugs, my friend!

Melba

Lori and Melba, thank you for the advice of Rejuvenaide! Becky also mentioned it. It certainly can't hurt! I'm going to order some today. And I'm also going to ask one of their nutritionists if they think that possibly Glitz might need something extra. All my mares eat the same feed/hay, but perhaps she is lacking in something. She has such beautiful babies!

Laurie, I think the name, Jenny, will fit the filly just fine!

Diane, I will go back through my pictures and get you a picture of Forrest as a foal with his braces, and then I'll get a current picture of him. I need to finish clipping his body. I got his neck, face, and belly clipped a few weeks ago. He had hair balls under his belly!

Jenny was bucking in her stall this morning! So cute to watch her. She, like Forrest, doesn't know that 'they're not normal.'

Oh Pam I am so sorry to hear the vets answer, I pray he is wrong and that time and some supplements will help her. She is just so gorgeous. Sending hugs your way. (((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Awww what an adorable little girl! Jenny is such a good name for her. Lots of prayers and best wishes coming your way.

She has such a beautiful, unique, marked body!!! She is so cute!! I hope her tendons stretch soon!!
default_smile.png

Melinda, sadly Jenny's legs probably won't improve. She's runs and plays just like she had good legs though. Her left eye is blue. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but I thought I would share some of her anyway.

DSCN0366.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

The mares and foals (except Jenny) are turned out into the larger field during the day now. And I took a couple of pictures of Smokey. He's anxiously waiting to see if any of the mares might be interested in him. LOL

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

Then I tried to get pictures of the foals this afternoon. I couldn't even get a picture of Trickster because he was at my feet constantly...........biting my shoes, grabbling the camera strap, etc! LOL I managed to get one of Deja in the tall grass and one of Joker. I'll keep working at it and try to get some better pictures of them.

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg

Hmmm, Diane, did you see all of the pictures? There are six of them, and I know, once before, you couldn't see all of them. LOL

Sorry to hear about her not improving but like Diane said at least she has a loving home with you! I also agree that the picture of Deja is AWESOME, I just love that filly. Very cute that Trickster was helping with pictures ROFL!

OH, I just love this one.......I see a DIVA WITH ATTITUDE in your future!!!

DSCN0354.jpg

Yes, please show us pictures of Jenny. She's just beautiful, and I'm sure thinks she's a beautiful as any other horse! So sad that this happened to her, but you are wonderful to give her a loving home no matter what her problem. I think she's beautiful!
Yes, Diane, Deja is definately a Diva............but not nearly as much as her full sister from last year! LOL Deja is actually really a sweet girl and loves to be scratched! Gotta finish clipping her too! We had a few cool nights, so I put it off.

Aw, Jenny is so cute.... LOL, I know what you mean about getting pics when they are under your feet and untying your shoes. My little Midnight is the same way.

Smokey is a handsome lad! I really like him!

Congats on your foaling season, sorry about little Jenny
default_sad.png
never what we want to hear as breeders! Little Deja is fantastic, I wouldn't mind one of those popping out of my girls this season!

All of your foals are gorgeous! Jenny is just too cute! Deja is beautiful. Is she related to Ron's filly?

All of your foals are gorgeous! Jenny is just too cute! Deja is beautiful. Is she related to Ron's filly?
Yes, Becky, Deja is a full sister to Freckles! I sent newborn pictures of both to Ron to see if he could tell which one was his. Of course, he did! LOL But they do look so much alike!

Yes ma'am. I saw them all. Jenny is so pretty, I just hope she can improve -- she's so beautiful. And I'm glad she is otherwise healthy and acting like the gorgeous baby that she is!!

And of course, DADDY is gorgeous!! But, what's not to love about his patterning -- getting a 100% return on his breeding is what we just love as appaloosa breeders. He's just stunning!!
Oops! Glad you saw them all. Grin. We got a solid filly from Smokey this year, and Melinda's mom got a solid colt..............but I expect that they will both color out later. I have found the the solid appy-bred mares are great producers of color when bred to an appy stallion!

And thank you for the compliments on Smokey. He is pature-fat now, but really slicked off nicely. He'll lose a little weight after he breeds a couple of mares.
default_yes.gif

Sorry to hear about her not improving but like Diane said at least she has a loving home with you! I also agree that the picture of Deja is AWESOME, I just love that filly. Very cute that Trickster was helping with pictures ROFL!
Thanks for the compliment on Deja. She's turned into a really sweet filly! And I am going to take your advice on getting Trickster's head clipped. I'll get pictures if/when I get him done! LOL

I couldn't agree more about the "solid" appy mares. It's hard to teach "new" people interested in appy's just how much color they can get from these solid appy-bred mares. I think they are the "Queens" of color production!
I so agree with you Diane! After years of breeding big appaloosas, my best color producers were the solid appy-bred mares!

sorry to hear that Jenny's legs aren't getting better
default_sad.png
she is such a sweet filly! and your other two are gorgeous, I lvoe Deja! she is stunning, please please clip Trickster!! he is so gorgeous and so much like my Finn
default_smile.png
(he got gelded on the weekend poor baby man LOL)

Latest posts

Back