Oversea Purchases - Africa?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has experience purchasing horses from overseas? My friend is looking at purchasing a full-size horse from Africa, everything seems legitimate, haven't seen any e-mails come through with the "we'll send an additional $2000 to cover for transportation which we will arrange, and you give that money to the transporter..." etc. such as scammers do. I believe this is a legitimate sale and she may be persuing it further but I told her I would see if anyone has real experience with purchasing from overseas who could explain how the real routine goes?

How do you set up for shipping? Who to contact? How long does it take? Does she need to contact someone here in the states for quarantine? etc...any help would be greatly appreciated! The seller said she looked into shipping and said it would cost approximately $2000-3000 US dollars, does that sound about right?

Thanks!

I would guess more around $7000-$8000 but not sure. ( that is what it cost to import adult horses from Ireland) She needs to check with the USDA to see what kind of quarantine requirements there are on horses from Africa ( it varies according to County of origin)

I would strongly suggest references from others who have imported from the seller.

Curious if anyone has experience purchasing horses from overseas? My friend is looking at purchasing a full-size horse from Africa, everything seems legitimate, haven't seen any e-mails come through with the "we'll send an additional $2000 to cover for transportation which we will arrange, and you give that money to the transporter..." etc. such as scammers do. I believe this is a legitimate sale and she may be persuing it further but I told her I would see if anyone has real experience with purchasing from overseas who could explain how the real routine goes?
How do you set up for shipping? Who to contact? How long does it take? Does she need to contact someone here in the states for quarantine? etc...any help would be greatly appreciated! The seller said she looked into shipping and said it would cost approximately $2000-3000 US dollars, does that sound about right?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back