On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what good girls they are
default_smile.png

my yearling decides that if he is in the stable paddock during the ady he has to come back in to poop
default_thud.gif
so my clean stable in the morning is not so clean in the arvo LOL I don't mind though as he goes in to have a little rest in the middle of the day as well, funny how they are about their stables lol.

dancer standing quietly I'm watching today Mary so if you want to get any sleep at all let me know.

How are you feeling tonight?

Cam on my computer is being weird. Feed keeps dropping and it does to a gray screen for a couple seconds then goes back to showing the mares for a little while. It is like a flicker every couple minutes. Its weird one time it flickered was when Toffee was out by tack room door. Then it shut off and back on and she was in the stall by Mira's bucket and Mira and Sox were having body language talk about who is standing where. Then it flickered again and now Toffee is out where she was before and Mira and Sox are where they were before. It is really weird....

Gary was watching the cam all through the basketball game so I think it was OK. I am hoping the girls can hold off and not foal or keep us awake too much tonight because we are still jazzed from the game. Go Huskies!!!! We are feeling great because our women's team is in the Championship game Tuesday night, going for their 8th National title.

both girls have been quiet all night and have been up and down resting a fair bit
default_smile.png
another day is about to start for you Mary and mine is winding down
default_smile.png

Mum and I just did a workout and I'm headed for the bath
default_smile.png
default_thumbup.gif
night all

Thanks all! Even though the alarm went off several times (lost count) I was able to get back to sleep knowing you were watching and feeling that neither mare was really going to foal last night. Amazing how they can go from looking close to not so close....

Happy Birthday Bunny!!!!

I see on Facebook that foaling seems to be in the air. All of a sudden, mares are popping everywhere, sometimes two at a time!! It has to reach this forum soon....

I know what you mean. It's been quite on this forum lately. I wonder if it's because we're all staring at a mare going, "Come on girl!"

What are you girls
default_smokesmile.gif
we had 2 foals born last night, Pacific Pintos and Maple Hollow both had fillies
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

So the filly fairy is somewhere floating around -- and the spot sprite visited Maple Hollow as well. So, we need the girls to get in gear so we can hold on to both!

happy birthday Bunny can't believe its been a year already since that gorgeous little baby was born! soo cute!

cams are up for me today, I'll be watching throughout the day again, how are the girls going? any progress?

Dancer is still the same and being a maiden we take no chances, so she is wearing her alarm and being watched closely. Her udder is small and I still can't get milk but it is fairly full and tight if that makes sense. Toffee's udder is not doing much and since we think we know how she will progress, we took her alarm off today. Photo is of Toffee's udder today.

I am also posting photos of Sox who we hooked for the first time today, when the weather was gorgeous and some 4-Hers were here. Busy day around here because President Obama flew in for a speech nearby and luckily did not fly over while we were hooking Sox (and then her son Rusty). He waited until during the nightly news, when they conveniently announced the exact time he took off, so we (living near the airport) could get a photo of Air Force One going over! To make this a really mixed bag (literally!) of photos I could post one of my black eye, but I won't.

P1080710.JPG

P1080749.JPG

P1080807.JPG

wow thats pretty awesome!

good work Sox! Toffee looks to have a bit more cooking and udder growth to go... she is looking really good though
default_smile.png

good idea about keeping the alarm on Dancer...

Mary how is your eye doing? I hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for sharing all the pics, you could have posted your eye too, you know you are among friends here
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back