My Heart Won!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh he's SO cute! I, too, can't wait to see him all shed out! O So will be so happy to have a buddy to play with...

If it were me...and they seem to be doing well over the fence, I'd introduce them together on leads first...unless the area you can put them in is perfectly safe without any obstructions (or you can take them to that outdoor arena you went to before...but I think you have to trailer there).....but my guess is they'll be just fine and jump into playing right away!

When I brought my second home, I just threw him right in after about 20 minutes with a fence in between and watched....most people may not agree with that...but I was right there to watch...and they were both used to having other critters around, both well mannered, and really calm and friendly with the fence inbetween. They sniffed eachother all over for about 5 minutes, then took off playing like they'd been together all their lives.

Angie

I can see why you fell in love with him at first sight! What a cutie!! Enjoy

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

The new guy has very pretty eyes. His colring may be bay with pangare causing the lighter colored areas.

Do you have much space for these guys to run around? It looks from the photos like thay are sharing a small yard with furniture and equipment.
I agree with that he's probably a pangare bay (commonly known as "mealy bay"). I've seen several and he shows all the signs of it. Does he have dilute/cream in his lines anywhere?

He is such a cutie though!!! I'm jealous!! Tiny and perfect, just right for O So! I can't wait to see them both clipped/summer coats

As far as putting them together... As mentioned before, if Pippin was highly contagious then O So, chances are, would get it no matter what. My rule of thumb has been if they look healthy and have been kept up to date on all their shots then I don't worry about quarantine too much. I know some may not agree but again, so long as every body is healthy/up to date with shots (and worming!) I don't see a problem. Its the same risks you would take when going to a show, on a trail ride, etc. I know when I got Avalon I put him right with Cody. Same with Missy, when we brought her home we turned her loose right with the boys. But we had an idea of every body's personalities and the boys were geldings and had been for awhile. Kinson, mainly due to size and age at the time, we introduced slower but it didn't take long for him to settle right in. If I were going to introduce him to another little stud of the same age I'd probably take it really slow as now he can rough house a little too much!!

P.S. - O So looks like a little bear in his winter coat. Its kind of ironic since bear in spanish is "oso"!

He is so cute!! I love the name. I thinks its cute.
default_yes.gif

So very beautiful.
default_wub.png
O So seems to think so too.
default_wub.png

Wonder how long it will be before you start thinking number 3.
default_laugh.png

So very beautiful.
default_wub.png
O So seems to think so too.
default_wub.png

Wonder how long it will be before you start thinking number 3.
default_laugh.png
LOL, can't do a number 3. LOL Not enough room.
sad.gif
Although I was telling hubby how their first interaction went and he said that he hopes they get along or we will have to get a friend for both of them, then another, and so on! LOL He was really joking though because we really don't have room. I figured if O So and Pippin don't work things out after a while, I will most likely sell him back to his PO or if she isn't interested sell him to someone else. I don't think it will come to that though, at least I hope not! I really need them to get along for them to maximise the space they have. Although if I did build another stall, I could separate them all the time. Look, I'm going to keep Pippin no matter what! LOL
biggrin.gif
Already thinking of the worse case senario! LOL

O So, he is just to cute
default_wub.png
I think you made the right choice! Congratulations! And I imagine your other little guy will be much happier having a little buddy to pal around with when your not home
default_biggrin.png

Dan.

Yah it's weird title, but one of the forum members said to me in another thread that my brain was trying to tell my heart what to do. (basically). Well, my heart won. I decided to go ahead and get O So a buddy! I felt so bad that he was all by himself and decided that in the long run he would be better off to have a friend. Even if it means some adjustments need to be made!

So..... today I went and looked at a 3 yr old gelding. He is a whopping 27 3/4ers tall. Just a tad smaller then O So. He is registered as a Bay. He was born on May 4th 2007. His actual name is Cameos Serenade Gold. Have know idea how they got his barn name out of that. LOL I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. So needless to say, I bought him and he is now home with me.

Here he is!!

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

I know I should have quantined (sp) him before introducing him to O So, but things didn't go to well when I first got him home and so that went out the window. I was trying to get him into the yard and trying to keep my little dog in the yard. Needless to say I ended up having to drop his lead rope and go pick up my poor little dog. She got kicked in the cayaus and was not looking good. I figured out she had just gotten the wind knocked out of her, but I still had to hold her for a good 20 minutes to get her back to normal. She is fine, but the horses have had nose contact now. I decided that I would lock the little dogs out of that yard till things settle down. On that note, how long should I wait to actually let the 2 horses be together with no barrier?

I have some feed questions for you all but I am going to make a new thread on that.
Congrats on your new little guy- he just has the sweetest face!!

Thanks everyone! I am so happy with my decision. I am glad I got Pippin. They really like each other and I am having fun taking care of both of them. Yesterday I haltered them both and tied them about 3 feet apart from each other. I cleaned O So's hooves, then went to Pippin. Then groomed O So, then went to Pippin. It was just a joy to to both of them at the same time. I really loved it.

Now I am on hubby to get me a couple hitching posts! LOL Right now I just use the fence, but I really would love a couple "better secured" posts. That way they can't slide their ropes closer together and pick on each other when I am fetching brushes or what not. Boy, hubby better get busy, he has a lot of things he needs to do for me! LOL
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back