Mud! Mud! Mud!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Mouse

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any secrets as to how to keep the mud at bay around the barn and in the pasture. I have Mud, Mud, everywhere MUD!!! My colts don't seem to mind it but it is driving me CRAZY!!!

Any suggestions?
default_wacko.png
:

Make sure all the manure is picked up dailey...

Make sure there are ditches dug if needed to help with run off.

And I use Shredded Cedar mulch on high traffic areas.

Some people use sand but I can't because it causes problems with Maggie's hooves.

For walking paths not in their pastures I use 1/4- gravel.

If the mud is super deep, the best thing to do is have someone come in and take out the top layer of mud, then put some footing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bgrin if its in the fall to winter we just wait for the ground to freeze and if its spring into summer then we just wait for the ground to dry out and if wet summer then go barefoot( nothing like squishy mud between the toes), but then agian we are just country. :lol:

Make sure all the manure is picked up dailey...

Make sure there are ditches dug if needed to help with run off.

And I use Shredded Cedar mulch on high traffic areas.

Some people use sand but I can't because it causes problems with Maggie's hooves.

For walking paths not in their pastures I use 1/4- gravel.

If the mud is super deep, the best thing to do is have someone come in and take out the top layer of mud, then put some footing down.
Thanks Shari! I pick up the manure daily and have a ditch but it needs extended. I'll try the Shredded Cedar mulch. That sounds like a good idea.

Cast ... Hahaha! I'm country too but think i'll just stick to my hip boots .. lol :lol:

Latest posts

Back