Modern Farrier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy

Reaction score
Can any one point me in the direction of an experienced farrier for modern and classic shetlands? I suppose that I need to find someone that is willing to travel or is located near Arkansas. Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Good luck on both fronts. Farriers and good quality weighted shoes are like hens teeth. I can't help you much with the farrier, but for the shoes I suggest you start hitting those sales. I have a wall full that I have been collecting for years
default_yes.gif
: most if not all of them have come from sales and auctions. You might try calling some farrier supply warehouses and see if they can give you some ideas. Good luck on your search.

You might try contacting either Larry Parnell or Glen and Edie Russell who are located in Arkansas. Both have moderns and would be able to point you in the right direction.

Jean

My husband and I make shoes for shetlands. I do Bill and Fran Eperthners horses. Justin Grabow does some moderns also. Linda B

Get Linda Best if you can!

Bonnie
I agree - she comes to our farm and my all horses love her and her young apprentice!
default_wub.png
:

(Even Finisterre is sending sloppy horse kisses - Finnie is our 3 year old PMU filly who is always thinking of new ways to make trimming difficult...a lean here, a pull back there but we are working on her manners!)

Denise

Silversong Farm

Any tips on how to get in touch with Linda Best? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh wait, is Linda Fred? I am so confused now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any tips on how to get in touch with Linda Best? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh wait, is Linda Fred? I am so confused now.
Yes, she is and "Fred" is her multi-champion driving horse....
default_wub.png
: If more info needed you can PM me.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back