Missy Day 358 Tovero Filly Updated Pics Page 27!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. She has taken to not eating everything and throwing it on the mat or out in the dirt again! I spend so much time making up different concoctions just for her to eat. Time to throw more straw and timothy in the shavings. If I try to hide it she will root around for it. I should draw a smile on her white butt spot to go with the two dots, she frustrates me so much sometimes.

Do they start getting a bag at about the same time as the previous pregnancy? She still has nothing, nada, no way jose, aint happinen. And last time she had a medium bag for 2 1/2 months before foaling! I don't know how you all go through this every year!

And how do we get a recording of the birth? I found out how to on my laptop on Marestare, but I can't find the app they posted to be able to watch a recording.

If there is a moderator awake when she foals they will record the birth for you and then put it on Youtube for you to see.

Most mares take around 6 weeks to bag up and usually follow a routine each year but food intake and weather can also influence them. Just try and relax and enjoy the preparations. I know it is easy for me to say as I don't have any mares foaling this year.

We are here holding your hand through this
default_yes.gif

6 weeks? crap. She's due latest at 340 April 3rd. Oh well, I sure want warmer weather.

So the moderators record if and when they are there while the foaling goes on? That would be wonderful. This baby is even more active than her other one, the princess. So I'm feeling another filly coming
default_smile.png
. Thanks for your ever watchful help, soo much.

I can see her on cam! She has Casper on her butt (well, sorta). You need to go ahead and add the smiley - like you said. that would be quite cool!

Casper lol! Never thought of that. Her appetite when she is in foal is really frustrating, especially since there is only so many things I can let her eat.

Took some pictures of Missy today when I realized that she finally had almost a V belly and she is day 322! I really think she will go to at least April 3rd though which is 340 days. She had a chiropractic adjustment today and seemed to enjoy it. Baby foal was giving us all a big show rolling around and kicking high up. I couldn't give her a bath so my blades did not want to cut even for her foaling shave. I still have to coax her all the time to eat what she is supposed to. I can't figure out how I edited the thread title to show I added pictures, guess I am running around and marestaring too much to sleep lol. Found out how to edit the title by accident
default_laugh.png

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether she is eating properly or being picky - she looks fabulous!!

How's her udder looking?

Thank you! Her udder is still tucked up tight and deflated lol. Looking for her 1st and 2nd foal pics I reviewed her foaling record, she went 342 the first foal, had a small/medium bag about a month before, and with the last one, no confirmed due date, but she did go over 340 days for sure, had a small bag for 3 weeks, then medium bag the next couple of months! I know. Poor baby, she picks constantly and hasn't lost weight so she must be eating enough, she looks and moves like she's feeling quite large.

Her first foal a colt

rockymar.jpg

Second foal our little princess Jewel

100_2190.jpg

Oh, thank you! On the other side, You saw that beautiful filly Masq produced in 2011, Bliss at Ravenloft.

Bliss 1st foal.jpg

And Jewel last summer

IMG_0009.JPG

So although unplanned, this baby is very wanted. I don't care what gender (I suspect another filly) or what baby looks like, just healthy and happy with a safe delivery for Missy
default_smile.png

She looks restless tonight. Thanks for sharing pics, her babies are gorgeous, this is so exciting
default_drool5.gif

Okay, I am mentally beating Missy with her wasted hay stems! And I just love how she goes into her stall from her pen, to PEE! Awh! She can be so irritating like a little brat the last two months of pregnancy. Course I have only experienced the last and this one. Then I go out there to be all irritated and clean up after her and try to offer more menu options, and she gives me that big brown eyed look and wants rubs
default_wub.png
It is snowing again after those really warm temps so she is in and out. I was sick all night so didn't check her udder this morning, but will pretty soon. I am hoping for anything!

Did she lose her appetite during her last pregnancies? She isn't restig much in the last few nights, she just keeps going back to pick at her hay.

I forgot, there are 4 places people are wanting the info we got back on that. Her alfalfa/orchard hay was above NSC(nonstructural carbs) @ well over 11%. This number is arrived at by combining the total of WSC(water soluble carbs or simple sugars ie fructans, some glucans, and pectin), and ESC (ethanol soluble carbs or a subset of WSC representing sugar fructans in feeds that directly influence blood sugar. Our just alfalfa measured at 9.3% total which is below the target 10%. The vitamin and mineral content is a long list, I haven't been able to yet get my scanner online, too much else going on, or I would scan and post it. Anyway her diet is to be as close to 31/2 lbs alfalfa, her % of Omegahorseshine (full of flax and antioxidents which is what pregnant and IR horses need), Karbo Combo immune booster (kept her from full blown founder), LMF super supplement (balancer) for alfalfa forage, and try to get her to eat alfalfa/timothy pellets and/or cubes soaked, beet pulp rinsed. She also has Timothy hay. I did have them at certain measurements for her weight, but as finicky as she has been I throw anything I can at her if she will eat it. She waffles on what she likes each meal. I just keep rotating. So she has a big variety, the only thing she can't have is, the grass hay they all eat which has fescue which started the problem, apples, carrots, and horse treats. I don't give any of them those since she could smell and hear that a mile away lol.

Last pregnancy she was just as finicky. But at that time I had just bought her bred, had never dealt with laminits, and so we had to quit hoof trims on her at 8 months along because she would go lame. I thought it was a hoof sensitivity during pregnancy like our Quarter Horses. Apparently she gets sensitive like gestational diabetes. Once she foals it goes away, but I have learned a lot and completely changed the *safe* diet I had them all on.

I forgot, I always fed her Safechoice which she loves, and it had too many ingredients that raise blood sugar. I was quite surprised so pulled all our horses off it. I feed them all LMF feeds now, I can't get ADM or Progressive anymore, but the LMF feeds are fabulous. Coincidentally that is what my vet fed her mare.

She has been restless and out-of-sorts lately at night. I wonder if the foal is making her uncomfortable also. She had problems peeing for awhile there until the foal shifted. I feed the others what she tosses, dunks, and spits on lol. They will eat anything. She is just having a heck of a time I think this pregnancy. I am also going to switch horses next to her to see if that makes a difference, Masq has been a bad boy and in the pen next to her and last night she seemed to be focusing on the adjoining wall. So I will see if that helps.

One other thing is that the other vet I had (Mr. Idiot) kept telling me she never needed floating. This vet looked and showed me a big point on her front top molar?, and now I can't get her floated until she foals and the foal is a month or two along. So that is a problem for my girl, and she is trying to refuse to eat any stems, and they are fine alfalfa stems, and any cubes. Of course the cubes have stems AWH!

Veterinarians that use anesthesia. I'm plain lucky to have a decent vet here, and a chiropractor! It would be wonderful to have an equine dentist, they aren't allowed to practice here tho unless they are a vet. Nevada is surprisingly strict about everything, go figure. I could tell a few stories about working the front of medical offices here, and handling the *brothel* employees. I had no idea I was so *innocent and unwordly* lol.

Oh yes. My dear vet tried his best, but I finally just bought a miniature speculum. It is impossible to float decently without one.

I think I have "collected" enough miniature stuff to open a tack store. I have been eyeing our saddles and such that just sit there, thinking about just selling all that to get my cart and harnesses for everyone. It's hard to let go of a lifetime of riding and collecting nice tack.

Well, Missy is shedding like she is going bald, and she had a lot of fun today running around with her buds. She amazes me how she fast she can move and how good her balance is with that big balloon she has to carry lol. I also hold my breath, scared she will slide or have a fall. Maybe the extra exercise will help her appetite.

Still holding that udder flat and tight up.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

A guardian angel wing on her shoulder. It hides under her heavy mane.
default_impatient.jpg
and we pass by day 330............I don't mind. She cooked Jewel very well, with beautiful color lol.

Latest posts

Back