Koda wears his Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but after the horror of his gelding procedure he has had huge issues
Just curious...I must of missed a post? Did he awaken during the procedure or something...not enough sedative...infections?? You have me very curious.
default_unsure.png

but after the horror of his gelding procedure he has had huge issues
Just curious...I must of missed a post? Did he awaken during the procedure or something...not enough sedative...infections?? You have me very curious.
default_unsure.png

He is so cute in harness but for some horses driving just isn't in their future. Koda might be one of those.
That could be the truth for sure. I had one awesome little four year old gelding here a few years ago that just couldn't get over his fears...broke my heart to have to tell his owner that I didn't think he would ever be a safe driving horse. I tried no blinders, kant see backs, and full blinders, nothing mad a difference. He would just turn into an all-out terror-driven maniacal menace...he almost went through my 2X6 driving ring boards once before I could stop him. Never seen anything like it...ever. In his case, we attributed it to his upbringing...or lack of it, as he had been in a terrible-terrible place for his first two years, until the SPCA and Police stepped in to save him and the remaining starving horses. We just don't KNOW the boogie-man in their heads.

default_unsure.png
They gave him all the drugs they could and he wouldn't go down. They had to take him down while he fought. I wasn't there. I know he felt it and 3 Yes later has trust issues.

The good news is after posting this morning I learned yesterday he was a star.

default_unsure.png
They gave him all the drugs they could and he wouldn't go down. They had to take him down while he fought. I wasn't there. I know he felt it and 3 Yes later has trust issues.

The good news is after posting this morning I learned yesterday he was a star.

Latest posts

Back