Just Wondering...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly's Run Minis

Reaction score
What is CDE? What do you have to do in it? I saw a video of it and cant figure out what they have to do. It looks like fun though!

It's Combined Driving Events, and IMO, the best fun one can have with a horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the latest edition of the Miniature Horse World magazine. There is an article on Combined Driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter had her heart set on doing CDE's for a few years now with Relic who's turning 20 because he just loves that sort of stuff not mind numbing for him like arena driving but unfortunatly looking into it more our chapter up here doesn't allow stallions to compete...bummer. Did get the chance a few weeks back to see first hand what it's all about and l know it's something that interests me. We're hoping to give it a shot with my gelding and a mare this spring if the dates work out for us..

Check out www.minicruppers.webs.com. It's a New England group of folks that do more ADS/CDE/trail driving type stuff, as opposed to breed shows. The site has a calender of mini-related driving events and clinics-lots of good info about where to go and watch or volunteer to learn about carriage driving with your minis.

CDE is basically the driving form of Eventing. There are three phases, Dressage, Marathon which corresponds to Eventing's cross-country, and Cones which is the equivalent of show jumping.

thanks! sounds like fun!! might be something worth looking into for my grulla girl!! where can you buy carts for CDE?

You can use an easy entry cart if it one of the ones that you can convert from pneumatic to wooden or steel wheels.

Check out the Lil Beginnings driving forum for more info on CDEs and other types of driving. The American Driving Society (ADS) is associated with many CDEs and they also have other driving events you might like, from Pleasure Driving Shows to ADTs (Arena Driving Trials) and Continuous Drives. Check out their website too (google American Driving Society).

Latest posts

Back