Info about foundation ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I was talking to the breeders of Royal (Royal Pony Farm out west, i beleive utah) and they mentioned that i should try to get Royal in some foundation classes but would have to fill out a form first.

Is there an age limit or anything special that he would need to be a foundation shetland?

She mentioned something about all horses in the pedigree having to be under some height and she said Royal would easily pass that.

But can anyone give me some more info about foundation?

Showing or general?

I'm interested in this but want to know a little bit more about it.

~~~~~~

Now i've managed to get one more show question for ASPC. When showing in halter do you walk to the judge .....then trot. Or do you trot down and trot back? I ask because i was told to trot down ...trot back and then the people i talked to last night said that it was walk to the judge ..then trot.

I'm just a little confused about that now.

Leeana

heres what the rule book says under classic halter

ponies will enter the ring at a walk and line up as indicated by ringmaster

entries will be examined by the judge in the line up (pose for halter)

each entry will be worked indivudually on a line at a walk and trot for the judge. conditions permitting ponies are to be worked parallel to the rail, fence or wall.

ponies will return to the line up for final inspection by the judge (pose again for halter)

leeanna because patches was in such a full blown heat we rushed it to just show you really quick how to work the rail. this is what throws most people as this isnt done at all in minis.

foundation ponies should look like the foundation the shetland was started from. More bone and substance and the rule book states they should be shown as natural as possible. Height not to exceed 42" it also says Foundation shetlands shall be the result of mating Div A to Div A for four generations. all foundation will be required to acquire pedigree verification for the ASPC

To get Salsa's pedigree foundation certified you would need to send in his papers to the home office with the $10 fee and fill out a custom work order showing that you wanted him Foundation certified.

Personally, even though his pedigree is eligible and he is small enough, I would not show him as a Foundation pony because he is too refined. He is a beautiful "under" Classic IMO.

Latest posts

Back