In need of a buy back contract

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoRebel

Reaction score
I've got a woman interested in one of our mares who I am selling strictly as a pet. She is 16, had numerous babies (she lost the only one that she was to have for us). She has cervical adhesions and we had decided before we found out about the adhesions that we were not going to breed her anymore. But, I want to have a contract signed that states, if the new owner can't or doesn't want to keep her anymore that we have first buy back rights. Anyone have a sample that I can use to make my own??

TIA!

Regardless on how you phrase it, this type of contract is not legally enforcable, so it doesn't matter how you phrase it as long as the buyer THINKS its enforcable. But if they decide to sell to someone else, there is nothing you can do, piece of paper or not.

Nathan, I didn't ask if it was ENFORCEABLE! I just wanted a sample of what others have used so I can make my own.

Does anyone have a sample?

This is the clause that I put in a recent contract:

Buyer guarantees that in the case they sell above named horse at any time in the future, they give first right of refusal for sale to Seller, with an agreed price of $xxxx or less. The italicized part would be optional.

Google it. There too many to list. You put in what ever clause you want and how you want it worded.

I happen to think Nathans information is absolutely correct and everybody should know that before they are thinking their horse is safe with a contract.

Latest posts

Back