I need your ideas please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
I have to make dinner for my hubby take to work on midnights but I'm running out of ideas! He's has 4 midnights that I need to make food for.

Needs to be good reheated!

Easy to reheat(LOL!)

Something that can be transported in 1 container.( easier for him, if he had to many containers he wont take them)

I have burger thawed but have a freezer full of beef that I can easily work with. Including stew meat, many different roast cuts, stakes, and lots of burger.

Just a side note, I have nicknamed him "MR. PICKY" because he does not like chicken, or pork, or anything that's not beef, pizza or hot pockets!! REALLY!! Super hard to cook for, some days I end up making 3 different dinners! One for him, one for me and my son, and one for him to take to work. I'm fried for ideas for dinner........

I just need some inspiration!

HELP ......... lol!!!!

Pasta hotdish.

I like to use penne pasta, Prego spagetti sauce and hamburger (and sometimes I use mozzarella cheese).

I usually use 3/4 bag of penne pasta cooked according to directions, brown 1# hamburger (give or take a little - drain it), and the prego; mix all together heat for a bit and serve; reheats well. [variation, put mix in oven safe casserole dish top with mozarella put the lid on and bake for at least 1/2 hour on 350 to heat the mix and melt the cheese.] My picky eater likes it well enough, but not as much as I do.

Thanks Chanda, it sounds great! I have all the stuff to make it so I'll give it a try for tomorrow! I think I'll try it in the oven! That cheese is calling me....
default_whistling.gif
default_eat.gif

You're welcome. I don't have too many recipes, just kind of throw stuff together and hope it works. This one doesn't really need a "recipe", since I use Prego sauce (any sauce would work, I just prefer Prego). I love pasta, so make a lot of hot dishes, and usually use Prego for sauce and just change up the pasta, I like rigatoni, rotini, medium shells (not too often), there's a spiral one I get at Albertsons (not rotini) and now and then I can get away with the garden pasta (the colored stuff).

All the pasta you mentioned it the kind I have to buy! LOL! Mr. picky wont eat pasta if he can't get it on his fork
default_giveup.gif
I know, I know, all you have to do is stab it but if it keeps falling off his fork, it's to hard to eat and he'll push it away. I have never met a person with such weird eating habits! LOL! I'm pretty used to it now, it's been almost 13 yrs but some times he throws a curve ball at me. Example... yesterday I went to the store and bought salsa. He had some and said it tastes like cheese wiz. I said yep it's good. I he all of the sudden does not like cheese wiz! Sense when?
default_frusty.gif
LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back