I lost my stallion today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novel_tfarm

Reaction score
My Stallion Alamos Echo Ultra Buckeroo crossed the rainbow Bridge today, in-route to Purdue University Vet Hospital. I had Echo for only 2 months. I was so proud of owning a horse with a pedigree, Echo had so much personality. He loved fresh shavings in his stall and when he would want lovings, he would stick his tongue out at you. I just "Clicked with this Horse". He was to be my show horse. I wanted to make a grand entrance finally.

Then suddenly last week he fell ill. I had 2 vets come out and look at him. I was told, he had Shipping fever, or may be Strangles or maybe West Nile. They took blood and said they would call. Today I made up my mind to haul him to Purdue. I called and told them I was coming, we made it to exit 160 on I-65 and I felt him fall in the trailer. We were only 12 miles from Purdue when he passed on. I'm so angry, I'm so depressed. There are so many what-ifs, am I being punished for being so Proud of something. Everyone has been telling me that everything happens for a reason. What reason ? We have had a hard spring already. My dog dies of old age, my neighbors dog killed 2 of my baby goats, we had damage by all the storms, and now my horse dies. WHY ????? I worked so hard looking and scouring the country for a horse, I spent all of my savings on him and now it's all gone. All I can do is cry. I'm so sorry I had to vent here, but I don't have anyplace else to go or anyone to talk to.

There is no answer to WHY? I just don't see it being explained by other than random bad luck and I am sorry for you.

These things happen. No ideas as to why he passed?

That helps a little, but it won't change that he's gone and you're in pain because you miss him. I understand and I wish I could help you. Nothing but time will ease that raw pain.

Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Liz M.

Oh my goodness...I am so sorry for your loss!! It sounds like you experienced an incredible bond with him for such a short time. I am so sorry...

My heart breaks for you. It is so very sad when we lose a precise loved one and I myself have had a bad year where my cats are concerned. I nearly lost a cat in April and paid close to $1,000 to save her. Today I went outside and another one of my cat's Ginger was dead. I was so sad. I just don't know what might have happened to her. I fear she may have become dehydrated because we live in the desert and the weather has suddenly turned hot. So now, I fear for my other outside cats.

I hope that things go better for you and be assured that you did everything in your power to help him. Some things are just not in our power to prevent or fix. Sending hugs and prayer your way.

[SIZE=14pt]So VERY sorry for your loss. I do understand , really I do, I lost two mares and their fillies in the last two months.... It is painful and sometimes you just want to give up but you have to realize that as long as you have life there is hope for the future. I lost alot too but also after the process, gained a ton![/SIZE]

Lyn

I know it's so very hard right now, but I hope and pray your heart's pain will ease in time, and your joy you shared in the time you were so very blessed to share, I pray soon will be what fills the void you are feeling right now.

I am so sorry for all your trouble! Did you finish the trip to Purdue, so you can find out what happened? I hope you were not driving by yourself, and had to bear it all alone. It seems especially tragic, since you were to attached to him and hopeful of your future together.

Marsha

:no: I am sorry I cannot answer your question as to why it happened, but I want to tell you how bad I feel for you, and to offer you hugs and comfort in your time of need. I am so very sorry for the loss of your special horse. (((((HUGS)))))

I am so sorry for your loss I do know the pain you are going through - last year I lost my Aunt (who was my second Mom), then my husband's Uncle died 2 days later, the next month his Aunt died, then my Father passed away in May on the 26th, then my husband's mentor and friend dies in July and finallly his cousin committed suicide in Sept. - last year was just brutal but you do get through it hard as it is and I have learned to appreciate life every single day and look for something to rejoice in from sometihing as simple as a blue, clear sky to the miracle of the birth of our foals.

I'm not saying the pain goes away completely, especially since he was someone precious and special to you, but each day is a little better until you realize that you can remember him with a smile and a sweet memory

Please know you are not alone and we all will be keeping you in our thoughts

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

I have lost many loved pets and I know just how hard it can be.

I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your new stallion as well. Has to be so depressing as I know you were looking forward to many happy years with him..... I don't know what else to say except that life is not fair sometimes. Bless you!

I am so sorry for your loss, I know that pain, it is so hard to get over, and all the

questions of why? You may or may not find the answers to why?

You work so hard to find that dream horse, work so hard to pay for it, you set

your dreams, hoping and dreaming of showing and having that one special horse,

then its all gone. I have been there, so I can feel your pain.

Even though it has been over 10 years ago, I remember that special filly like

yesterday. I can tell you, the pain lesses in time, hang on to the precious

memories, hold onto the special dream.

Hugs to you, and again I am so sorry.

Vicky

I am so sorry for your loss!!! I know what it feels like to lose one on the way to the university. It happened to me and I just had to pull off the road and have a little breakdown. I know it doesnt help u now but most of us have had terrible losses too. We know how rotten u feel!

Sending you much sympathy in the death of your boy...........I know all we can do is give you words, but most of us understand where you are right now. You have been handed a series of rough times all around.

Wish we had the answers.......

MA

I'm so deeply sorry you lost your beloved boy. I'm sitting here crying for your pain and I can't think of any words to say. I wish I could ease your pain. {{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling right now. There is no reason for bad things to happen....they just do, in time you will feel better but for now you are in my thoughts.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back