I am so excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
Well my new stallion if all goes well will be here sometime tommorow morning. My shipper had to go slow in Manitoba and Northern Ontario because of the snowstorms and nasty weather. We had mostly rain, go figure. Though it did snow a bit one day. I'll also tell you some more news after my shipper arrives but first will take photos before coming onto the computer. LOL Also tommorow afternoon I go for my second ultrasound and will find out if I am having a boy or girl. I can't wait. I told my shipper if she could not make it by 11a.m then to come after 5p.m as I told her my schedule, gave her my cell phone number, so I'll know when she is close. I am going
default_wacko.png
wacko waiting. It has been a long wait for this boy but I am sure he will be worth every penny.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Shana I know how you feel!! My brother in law went to pick up my new gelding from North Dakota and got snowed in. So I have been waiting and waiting and waiting!!

Post pictures when you can!

Shana,

How exciting! It will be fun to see pictures of your new little man!

Now, about the baby - boy or girl? that is the real exciting news!!

I'll post lots of photos and of course will let you know if I am having a boy or girl.

I told my shipper if she could not make it by 11a.m then to come after 5p.m as I told her my schedule
Instead of possibly making the shipper spend 6-7 hours sitting wasting time in that time lapse, how about clear a paddock or stall and get that ready for them with a sign on the stall or paddock and a place to leave grain/hay ? Would sound a whole lot more conveint for the shipper instead of putting them back 6 or 7 hours off schedule. Just a recomendation.

Leanna my shipper won't be getting to south of Ottawa until late tonight as she has some horses to drop off and pick up. If need be she can come directly here and arrive very very early in the morning or leave first thing in the morning to come here. I am only about 3 hours or so from Ottawa. She lives in Ottawa. She usually arrives here at 2a.m or so but with the amount of driving she has done she may want to have a good night sleep before heading out here. Also there would be no one here if she came while I was gone, that means no one to pay her the other half of the shipping. I paid half in advance. I'd rather be here when she arrives to make sure all is ok and that the stud settles in. His stall is ready if she decides to come directly here. It is bedded with shavings and has a flake of hay ready and waiting for him. Had the weather cooperated she would have been here probably today.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new stud. Most important hearing the sex of your baby.

My shipper e-mailed and will be here sometime tommorow evening. I can't wait. Now I am off to bed to try to get some shuteye.

I know how excited you are. Mary shipped Royal to me from Mona's back in April (I think it was April). I was so nervous/excited. I'm excited for you. My heart was in my throat as I peered into the trailer and saw my gorgeous boy lying on his fluffy bed of shavings all shiny and clipped and beautiful and sweet! It was so amazing
default_wub.png
. Make sure you get lots of pics!

Well I'm up, did manage 5 hours sleep, guess that is better than nothing.
default_wink.png
Mary is the greatest shipper. She has shipped quite a few horses for me but always comes here in the dark. I don't mind. When I waited for my colt from Arkansas she arrived if I remember right about 2a.m. I'm glad her trailer has lights inside. I can't wait to see my new boy and am thankful to Gail Mclennan for being the agent in his sale and telling me about him, and to the Harts for selling him to me and being so patient while I went to see about getting a loan for him and the shipping. I also have a few more surprises to tell you but will wait until after my shipper gets here, and leaves. Keep you in suspense so to speak.

Matt isn't Mary great. The horses always seem to come off the trailer just as happy as can be and are bedded in a deep layer of shavings. They have little boxstalls on wheels so to speak. My boy has been on the trailer since 6:30p.m sunday night so will be 4 days of waiting for him to get here but I am sure he will be well worth it. I can't wait.

I also am excited about the ultrasound today, my husband is hoping for a boy and I don't care as long as the baby is healthy. My mom and older brother have a bet going. She says boy, he says girl so we will see.
default_smile.png
My sister-in-law also has her ultrasound today after mine and she is going to find out if it is a boy or girl. I hope a girl for her sake as she already has 3 boys and so desperately wants a girl. We are due about 2 weeks apart.
default_laugh.png

Congratulations - can't wait to see the pictures.

How great that you and your sister-in-law can go through the pregnancy together. My twin sister and I did for our first two babies - only a month apart on the first one (both boys) and then 5 months difference with the second babies (both girls). She stopped at 2 - I just get a bit greedy and had to have 2 more lol. Hope bub is healthy as healthy for you both.

Nicky

Oh Shana, I bet your sitting on pins and needles about now.... Can't wait to see the pics and hear the news of boy or girl. I'm like you, just so it's healthy. TJ When my mare horse was pregnant she was a pinto I swore she was having a pinto filly so I went out and bought a pink blanket cause the weather was cold and they were outside. WELL, OUT came a bay COLT... I was SHOCKED. ALL legs. He's a beautiful boy now and my step daughter has him. AND I made him wear that pink blanket, heck he didn't care, long as he was warm. TJ

Shana

cant wait to see pics of your new guy and if it will be a girl or boy at least you and your sister in law is doing this together me and my best friend done the same she cant go do it alone..... as long as it is a healthy baby that is all that matters

Shana,

It will be exciting to see your new boy! And also to hear if you are having a girl or a boy!

Be sure to let us know soon! :)

Susan O.

Well my new stallion arrived at 11p.m. He is exactly what I wanted. I love him.
default_wub.png
Also on the trailer were my other 3 purchases, Iles Spotted Fever(A/R stallion), SBS Moon Fever Mcflurry(AMHR filly), and Lucky K Here For The Party(AMHR mare). The 4 were delivered to a farm 35 minutes from my own for safety reasons and are being boarded there for a bit. I wish to thank my shipper for being so patient with me. I think I wrote her a dozen times and phoned her 2-3 times. I also wish to thank Saber here on the forum for selling me the other 3 minis, Mcflurry happens to be a half sister to the filly I lost and looks like her but is taller and Fever happens to be the sire of Mcflurry and the filly I lost. I'll post a few photos, just downloading them now.

Also I am having a baby boy, due March 25 and my sister in law is having a baby girl, due March 30.
default_laugh.png

Anyway here are the pictures.

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

The bay with white stripe is my new stallion as is the white with black spots. The black with white blaze is my new mare and the other is my filly. I took these in the barn and the light wasn't very good, will take better photos tommorow.

Latest posts

Back