Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4.00 am and all is well so far
default_thumbup.gif

She's never gonna make an udder!! Still a pathetic little thing, just a tiny bit fuller than her non-pregnant one. So I continue to wait and watch. Sorry guys. She's at day 312 today. She's gotta start up an udder soon. I notice she's more restless and grumpy and hates to walk at all now. So that is encouraging anyways.

No need to apologise Amanda, we are just here to help you so will will hang for however long is needed

goodness gracious Marcella! get a move on already!

as Renee says we will be here for as long as we have to till we say that lovely little baby
default_smile.png

Hi Renee. My hubby did not wake me this morning so I slept in. Horses got breakfast a little later and I arrived at work a little later. Oh well. Such is life. All will get done in it's own time.
default_smile.png
NO progress to speak of in udder yet, but her sides are getting jiggly.

Maybe hubby knows you will be up late tonight having a foal
default_new_rofl.gif
well not you but Marcella
default_488.gif
​ Is he psychic?

I noticed today that Nellie has started her udder. She was bred for two heats, and I was going under the assumption she took in the second heat, but maybe not. So I'm putting her up on cam for a bit just to be sure she doesn't pull a fast one on me. She was bred the first time just after Marcella, so would be about day 310 or 283 depending on which heat she took in.

OMG he is so lovely. Looks like it's gonna be another colt year. I've only seen/heard of one filly born so far this year.

How did I miss this thread!? lol Marcella and dad look lovely, can't wait to see this bub. She's just standing at the moment under all the lettering!

Well I clipped Marcella's udder this morning and noticed that the left side of her udder was more swollen than the right. Tonight when I checked both halves were swollen equally. So we are making tiny steps. Not an udder I'd expect to see on a mare at day 315 but I'll take what I can get. Progress is progress. Will post pics tomorrow if the progress continues.

So I am fully aware that this is not something to write home about but at day 316 I'm desperate. Please someone else tell me you see some progress

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

LOL, yah, I'm pretty certain it'll be a march baby now, which is fine with me. Better to wait and get a nice full udder for baby to drink from. But I'm happy that there is a begining of an udder. Last year she started her udder at day 303 and foaled the night of day 316. So the first week in March might be the time for this little one to be born. Monday is a full moon, but I think that is a bit much to wish for. :p

Latest posts

Back