How to remove stain from a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
My friend has light taupey looking carpet. She gave her dog one of those reddish looking bone shaped chews & now she has a stain about 10 inches long from the bone. It is a rusty red looking stain. Anyone know how to remove stains like this? I'm assuming something that would remove food coloring might?

Resolve will usually take that stuff out. Especially on lighter carpets.

Try club soda and dab, dab, dab, over and over but do not smear or rub.

well I have had my share of stains in carpets and furniture and the best think that has work for me was the clothes stain remover Shout. I spray it on the stain and let it sit all night and remove the spot the next day with a carpet cleaner and this has been the best thing I have try and work. If the spots that small or not real big cover it with something so no one walks in it and then step on some type of hard flooring and slips and hurts themselves.

ahh....Fido's bone staining the carpet...something I am all to familiar with. Santa must of gave it to him!

I have almost white carpet and boy do the dogs make a mess on it with their feet and everything. I use resolve carpet cleaner in my cleaner, but for spots like that I spray "Woolite Oxy Deep" on it, let it sit a few minutes and scrub with a wet rag first. That alone will take the spot out. It comes in a blue spray bottle, works great. Be sure she test the cleaner first in an inconspicious spot and don't leave it on too long as you will have "very clean white" spot there. It has even removed dried blood from my white carpet from when my lab had surgery...there was a lot of blood too, not just a little spot. It was a spot about the size of a grapefruit, very dark red. He had laid on his incision and it drained. I didn't think it would ever come out, but it did! I can buy it even in my little local grocery store so she shouldn't have any problem finding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom uses a product called "spot shot". I haven't yet met a stain it won't remove! Its pretty expensive she says, because a can only treats about 5 spots on the carpet, but if you only need it for one spot $5 or 6 a can wouldn't be so bad.

Vinegar, baby wet wipes or toothpaste.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back