How Many A/R Shows In Your Area?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Little Blessing

Reaction score
Sorry for all of the questions, guys!
default_whistling.gif
default_whistling.gif
default_whistling.gif

I was just wondering how many A/R shows you all have in your state? I read through the topic that was posted two years ago, but am curious if things have changed.

Also, if anyone knows how many are in the NJ area (NJ, PA, CT, NY), that would be awesome, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for all of the questions, guys!
default_whistling.gif
default_whistling.gif
default_whistling.gif

I was just wondering how many A/R shows you all have in your state? I read through the topic that was posted two years ago, but am curious if things have changed.

Also, if anyone knows how many are in the NJ area (NJ, PA, CT, NY), that would be awesome, too.
Zero in SC.

I live in CT and as far as I know there were NO AMHA or AMHR shows within the state of CT this year, but there were several AMHA shows in MA. There are also 4 Pinto Shows in CT each year.... Guess where I do most of my showing??

There was a wonderful A/R show in Maine, about 3 hours from us and I am quite sure there was an R show in New York. Your best bet would be to go to the Registry websites where the local shows should all be listed.

Oklahoma has 3-4 "A" shows a year and we have 4 "R" shows but when the Area 5 show is held here that gives us 5.

targetsmom, I was hoping the website was wrong. There seems to be nothing around me (Us?)! Maybe my performance horse dreams are going down the drain.

Wisconsin has 0 AMHA shows and 1 AMHR show. Yeah, we have to go to Iowa, or Minnesota, or Illinois.

This year we only have 4 amha shows, no amhr shows. Last year much better had one amhr show and 5 amha shows. Each year gets less. We also go to Wichita Ks, and Albuquerque NM for AMHA shows.

Did you check for Pinto shows? I know people in New England go to some in NY and NJ. And I have to put in a plug for Pinto because they LOVE the all-around horse.. In New England we have High Point awards at each show for minis in the Open division (9 classes count) and Ammy (6 classes I think). And there is plenty of friendly competition for them. Check out www.nepinto.com. I was in an AMHA show last weekend and there were 2 in my showmanship class, just me in driving, and 2 in my hunter class.

Lots....I do AMHR/ASPC shows but there are also a couple open shows near us if you like those..

I can think of 6 shows that are AMHR/ASPC that are 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive on average from my drive. Then a couple that are a bit farther, like down toward KY, PA, upper parts of MI that are more like maybe 6 hour drives..

Seem to be a bunch of Pinto shows in Syracuse, NY which isn't too far. If not a little scary, haha.

I guess I'll just have to move to the midwest if I really want to do AMHR/AMHA shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in So Cal we have had 5 AMHR shows (2 also had ASPC classes) and 3 AMHA shows. I think Northern Ca also has a few AMHR shows as well.

Hi everyone! Been quite a while since I have been here with college , grandkids and such.

Can you tell me how to find out the showing rules, how to find shows that yall go to etc?

My mini isn't registered but I want to learn as much as I can about all the shows so maybe one day I can start a breeding program. Will start out slow but build to maybe a small heard of 10.

Any help with links etc I sure would appreciate it!! ~S~

New York has already held 4 AMHR shows in 2010 with one to go in August. There also was an AMHA show held in Fonda New York. The AMHR shows are listed below and can be found on the amhr web site under the events tab.

May 21-23 NY State Horsebreeders Syracuse, NY, Aug. 27-29 NY State Fair Syracuse, NY, June 5-6 Niagara County AMHR Show Lockport, NY, June 11-13 National Area 1 Show Syracuse, NY, July 10th Cayuga County Fair MH Show Weedsport, NY,

Montana has 1 or 2 I think, all very long distances. (montana's big and sparsely populated)

Im curious about this website, could i get a link possibly?

A few suggestions for you or anyone with this dilemma:

Buy a pinto colored mini that is AMHA and/or AMHR registered so that it can be Pinto registered (as long as no App blood/characteristics) or buy one that is already PtHA registered. Then you can decide later what shows to do or you can do any shows you want!

Try to attend some of the shows in your area to meet people and see the competition. BUT, if you can't do that, you can still do a lot of homework using the internet. You can find show results (eventually) on the AMHA or AMHR websites (or New England Pinto) under "shows" and "results". This will tell you how many entries are in each class and who is winning, plus extra awards they might give such as Grand and Reserve in halter. Then, try to find the local club that sponsored the show (often in the show name), go to THEIR website and see if they do year end awards and if there was a photographer. Check out the show photos to see what the competition looked like. New England Pinto has photographers at virtually all (if not all) its shows and you can see - for example - how high the jumps went, what obstacles were in the trail class, how the driving horses looked, how many were in each class, how old the competitors are, etc. TONS of useful information without ever leaving home!!

Good Morning,

For Area V (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico and Louisiana)here are the number of shows that are held in our area:

March 12-14 Lone Star Performance Circuit....AMHR Performance....ASPC Halter & Performance....Corsicana Texas

April 16-18 ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas....Daffodil Dandy Show...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance..Glen Rose Texas

April 23-25 Miniature Horse/Pony Breeders OK..Price of Oklahoma...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance..Ada Oklahoma

April 30-May 2 Gulf Coast Club...Spring Spectacular...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC Halter & Performance...Bryan Texas

May 1-12 Wild Women May Extravaganza...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC Halter & Performance...Tuckerman Arkansas

May 14-16 Miniature Horse/Pony Breeders OK...May Show..AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance...Ada Oklahoma

May 21-22 Magnolia Miniature Classic....AMHR Halter & Performance....Monroe Louisiana

June 11-13 National Area V Show...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance...Glen Rose Texas

June 25-27 Miniature Horse/Pony Breeders OK...Oklahoma Five Star Show...AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC Halter & Performance..Ada Oklahoma

July 9-10 San Antonio Club..Family Fiesta Show...AMHR Halter & Performance...San Antonio, Texas

July 16-18 Miniature Horse/Pony Breeders OK..Summer Sizzler Show..AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance..Ada Oklahoma

October 9th Wild Women Ocktoberfest...AMHR Halter & Performance...Tuckerman Arkansas

October 15-17 Lone Star Performance Circuit....AMHR Performance...ASPC/AMHR Halter & Performance...Bryan Texas

October 29-31 ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas Halloween Spooktacular..AMHR Halter & Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance..Glen Rose TX

November 12-14 Lone Star Performance Circuit...AMHR Performance...ASPC/ASPR Halter & Performance...Bryan Texas

Texas had....8 shows for 2010

Oklahoma had...4 shows for 2010

Arkansas had...2 shows for 2010

Louisiana had...1 show for 2010

New Mexico had Zero

15 Shows held in Area V for 2010 show season.

So for those within a 12 hour driving distance and you don't have many shows to choose from come on down and join us here in Area V.

Karen

We consider ourselves lucky in this end of the country, here in Texas and then add in Oklahoma/Lousianna/Mississippi we have 12 AMHR shows that I can think of and 13 or 14 AMHA shows. All within 3-8 hours of us.
default_aktion033.gif

There were 4 AMHR shows in Ontario and no(0) AMHA shows.

I personally show plenty in MI and OH too, as they help fill the need sooner then back home. I am also looking into shows in IN, NY and PA, in the future just for fun.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back