How do I fix this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I purchased a rather expensive show harness awhile back. I finished breaking the horse, to drive, that I got the harness for. Now that I have him ready to go, I have a problem with the show harness I bought. I have had it on him maybe 10 times only to discover that the silver, foil trim on the caveson is peeling off, the browband is cracking and the back saddle is starting to peel.

The leather parts of this harness are well made and are showing no wear.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

I have been in contact with the employee of the seller. She assured me they would be in contact. I took very clear pictures and sent them to the seller.

Is there a way to fix this myself, or at least make it look good if I cant get the seller to do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If this was indeed a reputable harness maker...and seller, you won't have to worry, it will be replaced. Here's hoping...

If not...then let us all know, won't you? (Oh, and BTW, tell THEM you will tell two friends, and they will tell two friends...)
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

If this was indeed a reputable harness maker...and seller, you won't have to worry, it will be replaced. Here's hoping...

If not...then let us all know, won't you? (Oh, and BTW, tell THEM you will tell two friends, and they will tell two friends...)
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
They just got in touch with me. They have the browband and caveson in stock so they can ship that immediately. The back harness is another situation. They have to send it back to the manufacturer. That takes about 6 weeks.

I think I will take the browband and caveson and opt to send the back saddle back when the snow is flying.

I did some checking around looking at harnesses and decided I like this harness as well as any, so I will try to deal with it.

Yes, It is amazing how fast word spreads. lol

Latest posts

Back