Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about my abrupt absence. Due to a tragedy with our new dog, my husband wanted to leave our home for a couple of days. So we escaped to France for a week. Had a nice time, but the horses had holidays too and only went out for short walks...

So I had to complete the hours before we leaved:

08/05: 90 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai

08/06: 70 minutes for Massai

08/08: 40 minutes for the team

and 40 minutes of ground driving for Moony on 08/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your team driving on a trail? If so, how far do you go? Have you ever clocked your average speed?

How is Moony doing? Close to being hitched?
We are driving both; roads and trails. But never on a driving area with sand or grass. We have a lot of hills, so the average speed and distance varies on the route I choose. I have a few routes I drive regularly as the same, but there are a lot of possibilities, so I always try different routes :D The distance is usually between 2,5 and 5 miles. Two weeks ago, I discovered another route without much hills; so we did 6 miles in 90 minutes. I think our average speed is 4-5 miles/hour when it's not to hilly - never tracked it, but I know the distances very well because I'm always tracking my runs around here.

Moony is doing great, ground driving is no problem for him and I let him already pull a tire. No problem for him
default_smile.png
I hope to hitch him soon, I think in 1-2 months. But I'm very carefully; he's quite jumpy when he's discovering "new" things outside. Few weeks ago, he was running away panic when he saw a white ladder in a garden...
default_doh.gif
Luckily, he's not headless and I could stop him after a few meters...

30 minutes for Dapper Dan this evening. We got a late start as I was gone all day. some deer jumped up in a milo field by us and gave him a fright, but no big deal. It was kind of spooky driving in the gloaming.
All my guys are afraid of deer. You'd think they would get used to them as the browse the underbrush next to my field, but they don't. They think that they are dinosaurs or something equally exotic.

I drove at the weekend with the team Massai/Teddy:

Friday: 70 minutes

Saturday: 90 minutes
Sunday: 40 minutes (but swapped places of the team the first time, they were a little bit tentatively, but did well! :D )

Latest posts

Back