Here we go!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Last night got 1000ppm hardness and 6.8 pH on the pool test strips... she was fussy and pacing on and off. Udder was big and tight and ran a Predict A Foal test - 5 squares in under a minute. Milk was slightly opaque yellow but thicker. Stopped fussing at 1AM.

Today after a day outside, milk is thick greyish white. Strips changed quickly and pH is off the scale on the low end.

Behavior is like a red flag... pacing, passing frequent manure and urine, pawing, rubbing her rump, flapping her tail, eating hay then doing it all over again.

I am afraid to run out and check until she goes down but we are glued to the camera...six cups of tea later I am wired!

Could this finally be it at almost 352 days?

Stay tuned! Wish us luck for a healthy foal, safe delivery and healthy mom.
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Sounds like tonight is the night..............keep us posted...good luck......

My ASPC/R mare is still hanging in there..........she looks so dropped and ready............guess he/shes just not ready to see the whole world yet.

10:24 PM Silversong Nefertiti entered the world - no sooner did I finish the above post that I ran outside and Intrepid had her almost out, her hind legs still "not born". She had her head up and was clear of the sack. The rest of the barn was nickering their welcomes.

Neffie was up in 10 minutes and is a nursing machine. She is a bay with a big star and strip/snip (not attached. Forgot how much I miss the newborn foal stuff... I love the sucking, slurping noises they make.

Intrepid is a phenomenal mom... very attentive and likes her new baby. She is still working on her placenta and Neffie has some meconium to pass... :lol:

Hopefully I can get the camera to work so I can post pictures.

Many thanks to all who have followed my journey to get a Modern mare and now I have a filly, too! :lol:

May those expecting foals have safe deliveries and healthy babies and moms.
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations.
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Looking forward to seeing pictures.

[SIZE=14pt]Ok....now you've done it! Im really jealous!!!! Now I have 3 imminent mares.... Bailey is at 355 days... Abby isnt due till June 5th but she is waxed.... Savannah is as big as a tick..... not waxed.... GRRRR[/SIZE]

Congratulations anyway! and a filly to boot! Lucky you!

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Ok....now you've done it! Im really jealous!!!! Now I have 3 imminent mares.... Bailey is at 355 days... Abby isnt due till June 5th but she is waxed.... Savannah is as big as a tick..... not waxed.... GRRRR[/SIZE]

Congratulations anyway! and a filly to boot! Lucky you!

Lyn

Congrats, she sounds like a lovely filly and healthy to boot. I also got a filly from a mini mare I bought from Laura so I was pleased with that. My other 2 foals, well one is retained by Laura, a black colt and the other is sold, also a colt. I have one more mini mare due end of July and I am hoping for a filly from her but as long as the foal is healthy that is all that matters to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033:

Congratulations............pictures??????

I wanna see...... :488:

They are not great pictures but we have a few from Neffie's "birthday"... see the thread on "her" pictures.

Both Neffie and Intrepid are doing well... I am so happy and feel very lucky and blessed. When the vet was out yesterday, we were discussing how fragile mares and their foals can be. Our vet commented on how calm Intrepid and her foal were during the exams... makes me feel like they are very comfortable with how things are going here with me.

Can't wait for "Fred" to come out for our next trim!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Lyn - I really hope one of your girls delivers so you can enjoy a "baby fix"!
default_please.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

I was really surprised how quickly Intrepid shaped up once she was ready - for weeks she held at status quo on the strips. Guess she did not want to be a 355 day member...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back