Help with Identification Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SummerWind

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My boss purchased an absoultely stunning Shetland stallion last year from a man who sold him because his wife had sadly died. He can not locate his papers, but supposedly he is registered. I am smitten with him and he has the best manners I've seen in a stallion, as well as beautiful confirmation, personality, etc... We are desperately trying to find out more information about him, and I was wondering if it would be possible for anyone on the board to be able to look up his information. His name is Raven (don't know if that is his registered name, but Raven is definitely in there from what we're told, and he was born on January 29, 2001 (or within a day) the year the Baltimore Ravens won the superbowl, hence his name :>) I would be sooo grateful if anyone could help us obtain any information on this sweet boy!

Sincere thanks in advance for any information!

Stephany

The man can call ASPC and ask for a duplicate copy of the papers, and then transfer him over to your boss. I'm assuming the ASPC will allow the spouse of a passed owner to transfer? KayKay? Lewella? Is that allowed? The transfer form can be downloaded right off of the ASPC website. Then your boss, and this is a strict rule, MUST post pics on the pony forum. :bgrin

I checked the studbooks under the Shetland Pony Registry records, and I went through every pony with Raven in their name, and NONE matched the birthdate given here. Sorry.

therre is a whole line of "raven hawk" ponies. Are you sure thats not where the name came from?? Like keeper said I would definately have the owner call ASPC and see if they can track down the papers. But Ill warn you without his registered name or definate foal date its not going to be easy. But if the papers were in the guys name that your boss bought him from then they should be easy to track by his name. If he never transferred them it gets trickier.

Kay

therre is a whole line of "raven hawk" ponies. Are you sure thats not where the name came from?? Like keeper said I would definately have the owner call ASPC and see if they can track down the papers. But Ill warn you without his registered name or definate foal date its not going to be easy. But if the papers were in the guys name that your boss bought him from then they should be easy to track by his name. If he never transferred them it gets trickier.

Kay

As I said, I looked through ALL the Raven names...even the prefix ones. There was no stallion listed with that birthdate. At least not in the Shtland division. Would it be under a different one?

Latest posts

Back