Have any of you seen the new "out Here"issue from Tractor supply?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
I was at Tractor Supply today, I was looking through the "Out Here " flyer they put out. I don't know if anyone has seen the spring issue with the mini article. Was very dissappointed in so many ways, thought they could have done much better. For a company that is heavily involved with horses, well,
default_no.gif

This is why it is important to educate, educate, educate ourselves and others about miniature horses.

Maybe I just like mine chunky.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, That is so not a good article. I hope whom ever reads this will be sure to write tractor supply about it. For those who are unable to get the thing she is talking about here is a link to it online. It is a pdf file so giving everyone some ample warning.

ARticle

How they be a company that offers feeds and such for livestock but can not even realize the articles they post are of emaciated minis. I feel so bad for them
default_no.gif

My computer will not let me open the Article
default_no.gif

How dreadful!
default_no.gif
That poor little creature. I just don't understand how people can consider themselves "writers" or "reporters" when they clearly don't do ANY real research before putting pen to paper. And poor Alison being quoted. She'll be mortified when she reads the final article.

default_no.gif
All I can say is politely write to TSC and let them know poor article, poor representation, poor publicity.

Moderators, are we allowed to scan it and post it?

I did notice it does take a LONG time to load from the site, but it will load.

Whats really sad is those horses are not only on the unhealthy looking side but they are bad representation on the quality of the miniature horse. TSC could have found a better farm to do an article on.

Alisha

Well, for one thing the one up front is standing way under itself in the rear. They should have made sure that one was standing okay for a picture that was going in a magazine! It also looks thin especially in the withers. But I did notice that it says the little palomino was a 2x national AMHR champion in costume. I sure hope that one looked much better if they brought it to nationals.

Hard to tell what the other 2 look like. In their defense, maybe the one in front has some health issues, but then it isn't the best representation. I also don't really care that they played them up as big dogs. There is so much more to the mini than being an over grown dog!

I agree......The article was horribly disappointing. You'd think it had been written over 20 years ago! What info was given was inaccurate and there was very little of that...... The photos were disappointing as well. It almost made me feel as if the magazine editor was in a rush to fill a slot and sent out someone to do a five minute interview and a couple of snap shots!
default_unsure.png

one word "Terrible". They could not have found better representatives of the breed and better photo's???? not to mention accurate info!! sheesh

WOW! I work at TSC and yet have'nt seen that. But did read it here and wow wow wow they did a poor job at doing a artical about the miniatures. It's like they heard only bits and pieces of a story and slapped it togather with some really bad photos to show the world. This is in my opinion: someone who has never seen a mini before will look at this artical and think that 1st off: that one mini photo dose not look like a mini arab, 2nd they can just buy any old mini they come accross and it would be perfect for showing and would'nt know the difference between pet & show quality, 3rd someone would not know that so many breeders are/have been working sooo hard to improve this breed with select breedings for better confirmation/quality that has taken years if not decades.

I myself will be doing demo days this summer with my minis and educating folks about this breed and how it has been improved throughout the years and how it still is continuing to be improved. The registries, confirmation, health, dwarfism, breeders, and answering any questions that folks may have. I look forward to doing this to share the love and educiation about this growing popular breed and if any of you have any suggestions on what else I should also bring up, Please let me know by personaly emailing me (not here) with what you think is also important for someone new to the world of minis.

default_new_shocked.gif
OH, My! I'm on dial-up, but after at least 10 minutes, it finally loaded.

My guess is someone submitted the article and photos rather than TSC writing it, but I could be wrong.

I can't believe the animal rights people haven't spotted the article and confiscated the horses because they are obviously grossly underweight. And whether TSC wrote it or not is not the point, they published it. It doesn't do them much good for selling feed if they are representing that as what "you can get" if you use their products!
default_no.gif

Terrible is the word... The one in the middle looks sick... They need some good feed........ I dont feed tsc feed but if that is what they are trying to sell then i would not buy it.

i get so :arg! when i see people not taking good care of there animals..

we are like this when it comes to feeding around here

our son is #1 no matter what

then it comes to the animals they will have a full belly before we do

"Noble Sprayberry is a Phoenix-based writer." - quoted from the article. Evidently this is the author of the piece. I agree the white one sure looks bad.....but it does say they feed 4 horses one bale of hay a week.
default_no.gif

This is such a poor representation of miniature horses. With all the excellent horses they could have shown and foal photos that would have been so cute.

There has to be some Texas people that know who these people are. They are located in Waco !!!

Can Mindy Lee or someone let us know who we should contact at TSC to let them know our disappointment with that article ??
default_no.gif

This is such a poor representation of miniature horses. With all the excellent horses they could have shown and foal photos that would have been so cute.
There has to be some Texas people that know who these people are. They are located in Waco !!!

Can Mindy Lee or someone let us know who we should contact at TSC to let them know our disappointment with that article ??
default_no.gif
I don't know if it is the correct contact, but I sent mine to [email protected] which is listed in the book itself. This leads me to my origional comment, educate, educate, educate. I think these animals are loved but either they are sick, and should not have been used for this article or the owners are not educated about proper mini nutrition needs. Either way, it was a poor choice to publish this for everyone involved.

Conformation is one thing but starvation is another. Hopefully TSC gave them some grain so the animals can have something to eat. Skinny minis.
default_no.gif

Carolyn is there an issue number or "March 2009" that we should refer to?

Latest posts

Back