Has anyone tried Horsein' Around, Inc.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret

Reaction score
Just wondering out there if anyone has tried this hauler..

They were very helpful in the beginning,- but now we cant reach them.

We have a couple of mini's on board with them, for a few days now, and for days no-one has been awnsering their phone at their office or on the road.

I dont know if they are having phone problems or what. Any info at all would be appreciated.
default_yes.gif

You can also PM me if you like.

Thanks,

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used Horsin' Around a few times in the past, and never had any trouble at all with them. Hope everything works out well for you with them. It seems strange they are not answering their phone.

Eddited to add...just had a thought. I heard the other day on the radio where some fibreoptic lines were accidentally cut into and it had knocked many phone and internet etc. lines out. I wonder if they may have been affected by it? They said they didn't know how long it would be before they restored it all again.

They were supposed to pick up a mare for me on Tuesday. I talked with Deanna that morning and was under the assumption that they would be here on Tuesday sometime. Called at 6 pm for an update and both of their numbers went to a fax dial tone. I tried calling yesterday at noon and was able to leave messages at both numbers and also sent an email asking if they would be picking up my mare that day (Wed.) I haven't heard a word. Today I sent an email and requested that my money be refunded.

I really needed the mare to be shipped ASAP. That is one of the reasons I went with them.

Hope everything is alright.

Oh dear Karin I am glad your mare did not get on board that trip,

because the driver has his phone going to voice mail, and I cannot even contact him..

We've heard nothing since mine were on board since last Friday.

I am trying to stay calm.. Perhaps something happened to Deanna as she was our contact person as well.

I will see if I can get ahold of any of her family members as I have her last name now.

Let me know if you hear any thing ok?

Thanks,

Mary

I just got off the phone with the Sheriffs office dispatch and the lady told me that there are no problems with the electrical or telephone lines in her area.

I wonder why the driver would have his phone off. Supposedly the driver that was to pick up my mare was in Texas, not far from me, according to Deanna Tuesday morning. I didn't have a number for the driver. Only the ones for Deanna.

I can only imagine the nervous wreck you must be in not knowing where your horses are.

Sure hope nothing serious has happend to Deanna or the driver.

According to the driver when he picked up my horses,

they were suppose to arrive at their destination in New Jersey by today..(Thursday)

But after not hearing any feed back from them, I'm not so sure.

I hope your guys are safe and sound. I know I was going nuts when my horse arrived just a day late, but I had updates that they had to slow down due to bad weather. I was still worried, but at least knew where he was and why he wasn't home yet. I'll cross my fingers for you!

I haven't used them in a few years but have used them a total of 3 times and every time was a wonderful experience...the driver was WONDERFUL and they were always on time. I hope everything is OK...from my experience this is not like them at all
default_no.gif

Tracy

I did a search on this transport company at the bottom of this forum page to see if there was any other information I could search.

It only pulled up threads that were from 2007 and before.

It was all positive feedback back in those years but perhaps things are a bit different now.

Any way... on a much more refreshing POSITIVE note,

The driver of the truck just turned on his phone,- as Laura the owner of the horses, called.

So she was able to get an update on our horses from him, and Amira and Thunder are doing well.
default_aktion033.gif

He had no clue that the office was not awnsering, or returning calls.

and he was just as surprised to hear of it as we were.

He is having truck repair problems in Tennesee,

so he wont be able to get the horses to her until Saturday.

But at least we know now whats up!

Im so glad that my cell phone kept track of the drivers phone # a week ago when he first called,

or we would still be wondering.

Latest posts

Back