Frame Overo and Splashed Owners Please share your photos :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few More to add
default_smile.png

Zephyr Woods Cash Money

National Champion Sr Halter Stallion
default_smile.png

I'm not sure what kind of Patterns he is I think Possibly Frame/Splash & Tobaino?

RulerNSPic.jpg

Ruler3yearold2.jpg

ROKO Lotto Blue Willow Keepsake

2011 Silver Dapple Pinto with Blue Eyes (Not Tested yet) I think she is Splashed White

website1015001.jpg

not Registered yet so no name to share

2012 Silver Buckskin Pinto LWO+

Marvel_Rside_110512.jpg

Desert Realms Girl on Fire

2012 Sorrel Pinto Filly (I think she is Splash not Tested yet)

Glimmer13DaysOld.jpg

ROKO Lotto Blue Willow Keepsake

for sure is Splash. Her mom is also Tobi and Sabino.
default_smile.png

I believe all that you posted in your post carry Splash. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks REO! I am just about positive that our stallion carries splash but when he was tested for LWO (and found negative) the splash test wasn't available. He is Rowdy bred as are the dam's of both these foals. The dams are both granddaughters of Red Boy while he is a grandson of Ramblin Starbuck.

It is not thought now that LWO does "carry" blue eyes, so that is one I would say is Splash as well, in fact that is one I would test for Tobi as well and- oh shoot just test for all the patterns, why don't you?
default_yes.gif
As you know LWO is the only one you really have to test for if you are breeding, all the rest is just interesting

TM I would say they are definitely Splash if they have blue eyes.

PNM that is a lovely stallion you have, and TM I shall be over to pick up Willow, it was nice of you to keep her for me
default_new_rofl.gif

I know nothing about this girls past since she is a rescue oh and please excuse her tummy in the newer photos she is possibly in foal from her previous situation. I want to have her and a few other of my horses tested for color but have never done that so not even sure what exactly I would be testing for.... Do you think Summer could carry pinto genes?

Next set of photos are of my new 2012 filly who is out of a cremello and a pinto. On her registration applications it says grulla pinto but on the website from before she was advertised as a gray dun. She has a dorsal stripe so not sure if that makes a difference. She was clipped by the vet in a couple of the photos so you can see how light she is under her woolies. She has big spots on the top of her back not sure if that helps determine what she would be? How would I go about testing her to know exactly what she carries?

Thanks
default_smile.png

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0680.JPG

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0791.JPG

DSC_0536.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

SMHCS-EXCLUSIVE_595.jpg

DSC_0719.JPG

OK Lexi- your pretty filly has to have Cream so she is a Smoky Black Dun Pinto- OK? The first one I really like, she is my sort of mare, and I think you should test her for LWO first off and also find out what she is possibly in foal to and if that has been tested for LWO as I doubt it will have been, in which case you will just have to wait and see.....sorry!

Although I do not think she is LWO would test the Dun filly as well, and test them both for Splash, although I am pretty sure both are Splash. Very nice horses, what are their bloodlines?

ETA: Does the Chestnut mare have a dorsal too? Of course the filly can easily be very dark Buckskin instead of Black Dun - you can still have a dorsal with Buckskins- so I would test her for Agouti/ Dun and lethal White, then you will know what she is for sure as if she has Agouti (we know she has Cream) she is a Buckskin.

The first mare is Red based, you could also test her for Dun, she has Flaxen and possibly Roan, although it could be Sabino roaning- little point in testing for Sabino unless you want to know if she has Sab1 or not.

New questions.... I agree that Lexi's filly has to have cream, but why can't she be a buckskin? She certainly can't be a gray since neither of her parents are gray, so I wonder about the "gray dun" in the ad. To be dun one parent would have to be dun, yes? Which one? Does she have an actual dorsal stripe or is it countershading? I know I can never tell on our horses - I think all of ours are countershading.

I had to wipe the drool off my keyboard after seeing so many GORGEOUS horses in one thread ;) Quick question for the paint pattern experts. What would you consider my mare Cookie? She has a faint star on her forhead that appears to be spread out white hairs (a salt n pepper start basically, for lack of better terms). And the rest of her, you can see below
default_smile.png

cookief.jpgcookiel.jpgcookier.jpgcookierr.jpg

TM- I did say that??

And I am assuming it is the CrCr parent that has the Dun as it would not show, obviously the Bay/Black sire is not Dun.....

Cookie looks to be a black and white base Tobiano with Sabino- it is probably the Sabino that is causing the roaning on the face, although it could just be the Tobiano.....

.Cookie looks to be a black and white base Tobiano with Sabino- it is probably the Sabino that is causing the roaning on the face, although it could just be the Tobiano.....
THANK YOU! I had a feeling she was tobiano, but not being anywhere NEAR familiar with all of the technicalities and mixing of them, I wanted to ask
default_smile.png
I cannot wait to see her shed out this spring - I want to see what her face REALLY looks like under all that fuzz, and her star! I am thinking she has a petite little head
default_smile.png
Looks it anyways from what I can tell
default_smile.png

What patterns do you think my two are?

The first is Amigo, im pretty sure that he is sabino as he has roaning, a white chin spot, a white bottom lip, and other sabino indicators. But not sure what else? (ps he is now a gelding)

IMG_2805 - Copy (2).JPGIMG-20111113-00547.jpg

And this is his daughter Koora who is mostly white but has small palomino patches and one blue eye.

IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2728.JPGIMG-20121026-00182.jpg

Please excue her dirtyness as it had been raining lol

OK Lexi- your pretty filly has to have Cream so she is a Smoky Black Dun Pinto- OK? The first one I really like, she is my sort of mare, and I think you should test her for LWO first off and also find out what she is possibly in foal to and if that has been tested for LWO as I doubt it will have been, in which case you will just have to wait and see.....sorry!

Although I do not think she is LWO would test the Dun filly as well, and test them both for Splash, although I am pretty sure both are Splash. Very nice horses, what are their bloodlines?

ETA: Does the Chestnut mare have a dorsal too? Of course the filly can easily be very dark Buckskin instead of Black Dun - you can still have a dorsal with Buckskins- so I would test her for Agouti/ Dun and lethal White, then you will know what she is for sure as if she has Agouti (we know she has Cream) she is a Buckskin.

The first mare is Red based, you could also test her for Dun, she has Flaxen and possibly Roan, although it could be Sabino roaning- little point in testing for Sabino unless you want to know if she has Sab1 or not.
New questions.... I agree that Lexi's filly has to have cream, but why can't she be a buckskin? She certainly can't be a gray since neither of her parents are gray, so I wonder about the "gray dun" in the ad. To be dun one parent would have to be dun, yes? Which one? Does she have an actual dorsal stripe or is it countershading? I know I can never tell on our horses - I think all of ours are countershading.

Thank you very much! "Summer" is the first girl who is possibly in foal. She has dun listed on her coggins I got and other than that I know nothing. No clue where she comes from before the meat buyer purchased her. I so wish I knew if she was registered or not, she is such a lovely little mare! She does have a dark dorsal stripe... Unless its just the shading?? I don't know the difference. By the looks of Summer do you think she could produce color?

Rue the 7 month old filly is out of

SMHCs Exclusive x Little Kings Buckeroo Xena (a buckeroo daughter)

Could Rue be the grullo that they put on her registration application? Still confused on what color she is LOL will have to test to be positive. Can she be the dun they originally called her or does her sire or dam have to actually be dun to produce it? Rue has a dorsal stripe but she is so fuzzy that its hard to tell how dark it will be once clipped in the spring.

Rue could be Grullo or she could be dark Buckskin, you would really have to test to find out- I think she is Smoky Black Dun (which is Grullo) and my guess is that Summer is a Red Dun with flaxen, Chestnuts do often have a false dorsal, and you would have to test for Dun to be sure, but I have had a lot of Red Duns in my time and I think she may be one!

Koora is adorable, mud and all, and I think both your pretty horses are Splash + Sabino, but I would test Koora if you are going to breed form her eventually.

Thankyou rabbitsfiz, I'm not going to breed with them, she was an accident anyway. We were told Amigo was a gelding but he definitely wasn't, he was just a late bloomer. He is now a gelding though.

Well, she should be called Serendipity then, because she was a very good "mistake"!!
default_yes.gif

I just bought this colt who is claimed to be overo, I cannot wait to unwrap him!

rwlw2d.jpg

Mark he looks to be Splash + Sabino....(*I hate the term "overo" as it means nothing*....sorry) very pretty and obviously nosy!

Back