Fly protection

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilover1

Reaction score
The flies are really bad around my house and when i went out to check my yearling stallion he had fly drit and eggs in is ear. we cleand it out and put medison in it and put fly free zone around is neack what do you use. i was thinking of getting the fly net that goes over his ears. thanks for the help

Here's Sonny in his fly protection outfits. He is the most fly sensitive horse I have ever in my life seen. He gets absolutely frantic when he's being attacked by any kind of buggies. They drive him crazy and he's such a big weenie about it but the bites on him leave very big swellings if he's not covered up properly. I wish I could get a big mesh net to cover his entire body and keep him in it all summer long. I also have a mesh piece that covers his neck too and attached from the fly mask to his mesh sheet not pictured. This horse will actually stand in his stall with the door wide open and refuse to move out of it until he's covered during the summer.

These were taken right after a bath I think. Look closely at his neck and you can see the bug bites on him.

I also use Solitude and Repel X and Citronella Bug Spray and keep the horses in the barn under fans during the time when the bugs are out the most.

I sell fly masks but I don't have the ones that have ears on them unfortunately because I do like some of them too. Just watch that what you are putting in the ears doesn't melt and travel down his ear canal.

Sonnywhitecooler.jpg

Sonnyredcooler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back