First mini horse painting in progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
Would like to first Thank all the people that have allowed me to paint pictures of their miniatures! Have so many will keep me busy for a good long while. Will post what I am working on as I can.

The first one is of a mini foal.

Here are the pen & ink with waterolor pencil wash.. I am working on right now...

mini foal and I think the last Icelandic horse I will be doing for awhile. This one is Tolting.

Still have lots of work to do on both.

minifoal1.jpg

minifoal2.jpg

toltingicelandic.jpg

And yes,,the horse's backside really looks like that.

toltingicelandic2.jpg

They both look fantastic! Can't wait to see progress on them!

Thank you both!!

A almost finished with the Icelandic. Hope to get a picture up today. Think with the mini foal I am going to do a lot more pen & ink and see if I can keep her fluffy!!

Wonderful! :aktion033: You have a great talent! You really did capture the tolting well in your art!

~Karen

You really do a beautiful job. If you need another, I would love to see you give this a try!
Lessweetboy.jpg

Thanks everyone. Did not know this old thread was still around. :bgrin

Here are the finished pieces. Pretty sure the mini is one of Erica's foals. Have all the pictures pretty much with their owners names..but I have tons!!

Buckskin..that is a neat picture. If it is ok.. will put it with my files for a future painting. Will post here, when I am done, with any mini horse painting.

I am trying a free watermarker program and did not realize that it put white dases on the painting too. But should give you an idea until I can figure the silly thing out.

Miniaturehorsefoalsmallcr.jpg

Iceland horse tolting that did not scan very well.

Icelandictoltingsmall.jpg

And Maggie and I...since this picture I have filled Maggie in..but will post that later.

maggieincartmid.jpg

I love your work and I so enjoy seeing everyone show their talents.
default_wub.png
: You and Maggie's picture is a treasure. My husband would love to see that picture done...I am not going to tell him that you might do it so if you do it will be a surprise! He has so enjoyed being able to work with the minis...he had a severe stroke awhile back and was so fortunate to get the "block buster" in time to really help him and now still be able to enjoy what is in life. Thanks, Mary

Thank you.. have to be honest I am not so good with people. I have one commission I have to get done..and a couple of others. Might be a couple of months...but I will try.

Some days I can't paint as much as I like.

Sorry to hear your hubby had a stroke...it can be hard to come back from. My Mom had two of them last year.

Am glad he is doing better!

Oh shari, leave the man out. He would rather just see the horse anyway!

Thank you.. have to be honest I am not so good with people. I have one commission I have to get done..and a couple of others. Might be a couple of months...but I will try.

Some days I can't paint as much as I like.

Sorry to hear your hubby had a stroke...it can be hard to come back from. My Mom had two of them last year.

Am glad he is doing better!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back