Finally introducing our latest...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Deb and I went to a Mini auction here in Florida on Jan. 15th and bought a new filly!! We didn't bring our trailer with us, since we were going right from sale to the airport to pick up my son for his visit here, so a friend of ours Abby Conder kindly let us keep her at her farm til we could come get her today! I didn't want to post about her until I had pics, since I know how you all are...lol
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png

Introducing...

Timber Ridge's Super Star Toy...2009 AMHR/ASPC black filly who I "sticked" at 32.25" today!! She will definitely stay an "A" sized Shetland!!
default_wub.png

She has not been worked with much, is very skittish and definitely hard to catch, so I have my work cut out for me...lol...but she will show very well once I get her settled down some. Gotta love the "wild ones"
default_wub.png
default_new_shocked.gif
She is a sweet girl, tho.
default_wub.png

Here are some pics I took when we got home (yes the camera date is off...lol). I also took a video, but need to get that edited and uploaded and that will be put on the photo gallery section. Trust me, you will want to see her movement!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_drool5.gif

(Edited to add that video is now up on Photo/Video gallery)

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new kid! Nice girl!

I can see she's wary, but I know you and Deb will have her relaxed and trusting in no time!

VERY pretty young lady! I cannot wait to see show pictures of her!

I must ask, do horses in Florida really get winter fur?!
new_shocked.gif

Congratulations. She is very pretty.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Our 19 year old stallion, Timber Ridges Dazzle is a great little guy and I wonder if it's the same breeder still going?

Wow, she is going to be nice, Good job on choosing such a nice one and good luck to you! Laura

congrats on a pretty mare - I too was surprised to see all that fur in Florida LOL I'm sure you'll have her eating out of your hand in no time - just have to build her trust and have patience - she'll come around quick

congrats on a pretty mare - I too was surprised to see all that fur in Florida LOL I'm sure you'll have her eating out of your hand in no time - just have to build her trust and have patience - she'll come around quick

Honestly, since this is my 1st winter here I was surprised as well at how much hair the horses did grow! LOL

I sat on a stool in Star's stall off an on for over an hour this morning (while doing barn chores)...and every time she came towards me, I treated her. She let me pet her head a few times, too. She will come around soon enough.
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone! I love her a lot!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back