Driving Pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkay3702

Reaction score
Mity's only been driving for 2 years now, this was one of the first times I asked him to carry himself a bit and not run around like a llama
default_wub.png
He's such a good boy

MOV002_5_Capture_7.jpg

MOV002_5_Capture_11.jpg

MOV002_5_Capture_15.jpg

Now all I need to do is save up for a real cart
default_wacko.png
the one he pulls is too big for him

Ps How do we look? We're both newbies
default_laugh.png
I think he has decent movement and i think we kinda look like we know what we're doing. I like to think so anyway
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just barley 32" but I'm in love with every bit of him

that cart I have his a smaller pony cart, not really a mini cat. Its not too heavy just bulky.

He has a really weak hind end and him just starting to drive and have a job at 8-10 years old didn't help it. Any tricks or tips for us to help him out?

Nice pictures. I think you look fine. maybe pick your hands up about 2 inches or so from an equitation point of view, just like you were riding you don't want them in your lap for showing. I'd do lots of transitions, speed up, slow down, at all gaits. I personally would add breeching but that is me and my personal opinions. Kudos to you for wearing a helmet.

Karen

Oh, I can't wait to start driving. He looks great!

You'll get lots of good advice from forum members, lots of experienced drivers around.

Well if they cart is too big, you can't really ask him to collect and expect results. My first cart was actually so off balanced that my guy I was taking lessons from wouldn't even put it on my horse. Learned quickly a well balanced and proper size cart makes a world of difference in training.

And driving him lots will stengthen his hind end. Lunging him over trot poles will help too. Looks good otherwise.

Latest posts

Back