December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5.25am and all 3 are standing quietly inside. I wonder if the cold weather is what making Toffee stay in?

5.40am and all 3 girls are hiding off cam ??

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as the sun comes up - especially when it's cold - they are all outside looking for a spot in the sun. Also, from their turnout they can check the upstairs bathroom light to see when I get up, and then focus on the back door! These girls are pretty smart.

Thanks all!!

default_new_rofl.gif
that explains what they were up to
default_yes.gif

I'm confused... Is there an outside came yet? I can't keep up around here!Lol

Omg I have totally lost it! I was thinking " there isn't a mare called chanel" Lol I need some sleep.

Do I detect ye olde "lack of sleep"??? The cam link is the same, but we added a second camera that shows the OUTSIDE area, in addition to the stall. It works with a quad processor, but because we only have 2 cams hooked up to it, the lower 2 sections are blank (blue). I just use the scroll bar to show only the top two views. And once we all wake up, someone may notice that the date is wrong - it is one day ahead. We are ignoring it.

The mares are out in the pasture again. I limit their time out there, but also want to get them used to grass for after the foals arrive. I can see the pasture from my computer (where I work) so can keep any eye on them. When their bags get fuller I will put their halter alarms on and confine them to an area around the antenna.

Whew! Now I get it. I guess I was seeing shawdows from shade and thought it was another stall. Ok, back on track!

1:30 AM I just went out to see why Sox wasn't in the stall and she is sleeping (standing) in the turnout, way out of camera range. Of course, the others had to come out to see what they were missing. All appeared normal anyway, unlike the laptop next to the bed that had died and had to be restarted.

The ladies have been very quiet tonight and resting up a lot. I really hope one is ready to make a move soon, I am getting impatient
default_impatient.jpg

Mira is inside, Toffee and Sox outside. All seems quiet and peaceful.

Hey Mary, when you get a minute, can you take updated pics, like side, from behind, udder, etc. of the girls? Inquiring minds want to see updated pics.
default_smile.png
From overhead, Toffee looks HUGE!lol

2.30am and all is quiet. I have to go out now for a few hours so I won't be able to watch.

Great minds... some of my thoughts this morning about Toffee: "Wouldn't the ultrasound have shown TWINS?" and "Well I hope some of that is legs for driving" and "Good thing she is R registered". I hate to say it but she looks even BIGGER in person that she does in the pictures. But here you go:

First is the answer to the question of where they go at first light: This was taken (with telephoto) from inside our back door and across the back yard at AM feeding time today: Mira actually raised and lowered her head when I moved the camera! Must have thought is was food.

P1040518.jpg

I guess that also shows Mira from the front and how wide SHE is. Mira is at 305 days today and foaled Max at 303 days.

Mira's udder is unlike any I have seen - the sides are filling nicely but not the middle yet, so her teats are almost hiding. Not sure I will be able to test milk today:

Mira_udder_s_3_29.jpg

From rear (it really isn't as lopsided as it looks here):

Mira_udder_3_29.jpg

Toffee (326 days): I didn't really get a good shot of her from the rear but definitely wide bodied and carrying sideways.

Toffee_udder_r_3_29.jpg

side (Toffee udder)

Toffee_udder_3_29.jpg

Sox is only at 295 days so I will only post this one photo for now, but I have more for later comparison:

Last year Sox bagged up normally and foaled at 299 days with a full bag but foal didn't get out of sac.

Sox_udder_3_29.jpg

Comments anyone??? (I am putting bag balm on Sox's udder which always gets like this).

Great pictures Mary - they all look as though they are progressing steadily and happily.
default_yes.gif

I dont know about Toffee looking huge, but Mira certainly is carrying a WIDE LOAD!! Bless her!

Poor Mira, I guess what they say about black being a "slimming" colour is true
default_smile.png
poor girl looks huge!

They are all coming along nicely and it looks like they will foal later for you this year which I guess is a good thing, they are cooking them to perfection
default_yes.gif

I wasn't checking all night but I did manage to pop in a couple of times and Toffee was doing a lot of booty rubbing.

I can't see the pics on my work computer, but will look after I feed tonight. Can't wait to see them!

Some of you may notice that Mira is now wearing a halter (breakaway) with her Equipage alarm. I don't THINK foaling is imminent but both she and Toffee are getting closer so i thought it was a good idea to test everything. So far we learned that the GFI power outlet we are using (and have always used) had turned itself off, which took a while to figure out. Tomorrow we will try to find a better outlet to plug things in but for now it has power. Toffee does seem a bit restless tonight and both she and Mira had warm udders.

Of course if we really thought they would foal tonight we would put each of them in a foaling stall, turn the cam around, braid their tails, and put down straw.

Latest posts

Back