December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toffee is just outside the stall, lying down and setting off the alarm every hour.... and of course without the camera on her, I have to get up, get dressed and go out and check. Mira is also out there. I think it is time to put the other camera up, aimed outside!!

Sox better be OK as she is not at 300 days yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I think an outside cam is need because we are not much help to you unless we can see them.

3.00am Sox has just got up from resting and the other 2 are outside still.

3.25am and Mira has just come in and gone down sternal for a rest.

4.45am Mira and Sox are both down sternal.

Sorry, but I don't think there is any way to hook up my second cam to Mare Stare. I will have to consider a cam that will allow that option though. When I checked udders just now, Sox is starting to bag up and Mira's udder seems to be filling up a bit. Both feel just the way I expect - nice and firm. Toffee's on the other hand seems to be making no progress, except the pH did drop. And her udder feels "soft" if that makes any sense?

The halter alarm was shut off at 3 AM LOL! That experiment did show me that Toffee lies down a lot, but the first thing I learned was that I need new batteries. I thought they were new but very soon after we put the alarm on (fully tested a short while ago and then everything turned off) the pager started going off telling us the batteries were low. Glad to find that out now, since it looks like soon we will be going nuts trying to figure out who will foal first!!

We just ordered another cam and a quad processor, so should have help for you soon. Hubby also went out and bought new batteries for the pager and transmitters.

Udder photos from this morning. I am still not sure the best angle for the photos, and of course, have to take photos of Toffee without catching her, which limits options a bit. I could move her tail and take a pic from the back but i don't think there is much to see on her.

Toffee - 3/22 AM photos (319 days):

Toffee_2_222.jpg

Toffee_2_221.jpg

Mira (298 days)

Mira2_221.jpg

Mira_2_222.jpg

Sox (288 days)

Sox_2_22.jpg

To me it looks like Mira and Sox have read the book, but Toffee must have been somewhere else or thought she would just catch the movie! Comments?

Yes at the moment it looks like Mira is in the lead followed by Sox and taking her time in the rear is Toffee but we all know this could change and fast.
default_whistling.gif

3.20am and all 3 girls are in, even Toffee
default_488.gif
oh hang on, she made faces and Sox so Sox went outside.
default_sad.png

All three are in the stall right now... because the stall cleaner is here and wants to clean it!!

3.20am and the girls are outside. Sox and Mira were in earlier but I haven't seen Toffee yet.

4.15am and I can finally see Mira and Toffee outside the door
default_smile.png

4.30am Mira and Sox are back inside

LOL Parmela - I am sure glad Toffee didn't decide to foal last night. But I am afraid she won't be next. Her udder is just the same, while Mira and Sox seems to be making progress. I would guess Mira will be the first of ours to go, but not right away. We expect our new camera tomorrow or Tuesday so I think we should have the second cam up before she gets serious about this. Then the question will be where to put her.....Our plan is to put the new cam above the stall next door so that it faces OUTSIDE where Toffee eats and sleeps (the area shown in an earlier pic). Then all we would need to do is rotate it 180 degrees so that it views the inside of the stall next door (Mira's foaling stall). Of course, we also have to kick out the horses that hang out in there, but don't feel too sorry for them - they have a huge overhang area themselves, and most are stalled at night.

Second cam is up!!! Now shows area outside the stall where Toffee often "hides". Should work better at night when the light is on and not half shade/half sun. We also took down the spider web on the first cam that I was getting comments about. Anyone else see the spider ON the cam about 10PM last night?

Yay! So glad you got your second cam up. I'm sure you will feel much better now.

Come one girls, let's get this show on the road!

now that you have a cam on the outside Toffee is inside
default_new_rofl.gif
how naughty is she
default_whistling.gif

Oh, oh, I hope they can't count. If they figure there are TWO cameras and THREE of them, will they decide to all foal at the same time???

I didn't post much last night sorry, I had a mountain to iron so I had Matteo's and my computer in front of the ironing board with all the girls up
default_smile.png

At this stage it is best to watch the girls so I will let you know if I won't be here at night.

i appreciate the eyes, believe me!!! That is far more important than you people posting. I figure I need to post though, to let you know what is going on. I just noticed Toffee not only IN the stall, but trying to eat Sox's grain!!!

It is quite cold here tonight - after breaking March high temp records last week (close to 80), it is supposed to be in the high teens/low twenties tonight. So the horses are feeling it. Keeping fingers crossed that no one is too much affected by the weather change.

1.50am and ALL 3 girls are in the stable
default_thud.gif
Toffee you do realise that the money your mummy spent on the outside cam will come out of your carrots and cookies account!
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back