Crock pots???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Davie, so are you saying you can substitute 3-4 bags of the shredded cheese for the moza, cottage and parm cheeses? If so, I think I have all the ingredients at home to try this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crock pot lasagna recipe is so easy and I make it at Nationals all the time. I brown 1# of 80/20 ground beef and 1# of bulk sausage on my electric grill (or if at home you skillet)along with a bunch of chopped onions (may have to do it in batches depending upon the size of your grill). Move to a large bowl and add 1 jar of pasta sauce and 1 small can of tomato paste (I use a large or 2 med cans of crushed tomatoes) and what ever herbs or seasonings you like. While the meat is cooking I take 3/4C Mozzarella cheese, 1 large container of Cottage Cheese, and 3/4 cup of Parm and mix together (you can use 3-4 bags of shredded Italian Cheese blend--2 cup size). Put a Slower Cooker bag in your crock pot--layer 1/3 of your meat sauce on the bottom, add a layer of UNCOOKED lasagna noodles (break to fit), a layer of cheese and repeat. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7. If you don't like you cheese to dry out I add a small can of tomato sauce to lightly cover the cheese and at the last 30-45 minutes add another thin layer of Motzarella and just let it melt.<br /><br />Be sure you have lots of French Bread to grill as no Lasagna is good without bread. I use the Texas Toast Garlic Bread you can get at the store in the frozen food section and just grill it.<br /><br />ENJOY
Tried this tonight, I over cooked it a little bit, otherwise it was pretty tasty and fairly easy to make.

Latest posts

Back