Congrats to Everybody

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
I just wanted to say congrats to everybody who had foals this year. I hope that they're all happy, healthy, and staying hydrated! I thought July would be a good time to say this because most foals have been born. I know that the foaling season "down under" will be starting soon if it hasn't already. Good luck!

This year was really bittersweet for us. We sold our stud April 2011 and had our last foal that same month. We needed to get out of breeding but even now I wish I could foal some mare out. I really did enjoy checking their milk, feeling their bellies, and taking pictures and comparing them throughout their pregnancy. Gosh, it was quite the thrill!

Just means I can focus on all of my two year olds and my yearling whole heartedly.

I just wanted to say, "Congrats and thank you!" The thank you is for the "foal fix" that you guys gave me. There were quite a few very nice foals born this year.

I cannot wait for next year to see some very nice foals and some even better yearlings!

Thank you Tremor - and thanks especially to the mare stare watchers on the new Mare Stare/Chat Forum here on Lil Beginnings!!! Those watchers were a HUGE help in giving us our best foaling season ever, with 3 wonderful live, healthy foals out of 3 bred mares! We literally "couldn't have done it without you". What may seem like idle chat to others is absolutely invaluable when you wake at 2PM to check a mare and you can get an hour by hour account on that forum of what your mare has been up to since you went to bed. And those wonderful folks didn't hesitate to call from anywhere in the world if they thought you needed to know something. For anyone wanting to learn about foaling (such as our 4-H members) it was also a great experience to see the change in udders and bellies over time, and of course, watch a live birth.

I have been adding updated photos and videos of our 3 foals on that Forum so that those watchers (or anyone) can see how they are growing. Just one way to say "thanks".

Latest posts

Back