conformation for fun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runamuk

Reaction score
OK you are shopping for a new mare, gelding or stallion. Which faults can you live with?

Which virtues will outweigh faults in a horse?

What do you like and dislike?

I am a head hunter a pretty head always catches my eye first followed by a nice neck and topline.

My other preference is a big mover if it can move yet looked like a dump truck I do not care
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I will let cowhocks go so long as they are not rubbing
default_wink.png

I cannot stand dropped pasterns. I also do not like goose rumped low tail sets.

If I could build a horse
default_biggrin.png
it would be 32-34 inches with a saddlebred body and neck, an arab head and hackney movement
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

That would be my dream horse
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I Love

Level TopLines

High Tailset

Long Hooky Neck

Strong Shoulders

Expressive eyes

Proportioned legs.

Anyone got my horse
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet my perfect horse would be NOTHING like what the majority of people here would want.

My perfect horse would look like a Percheron (or maybe a Shire) only 30 to 34 inches tall. It would be heavy boned, crested necked, fairly low set tail, with a straight profile on it's face and lots of muscle.

I'm willing to bet my perfect horse would be NOTHING like what the majority of people here would want.

My perfect horse would look like a Percheron (or maybe a Shire) only 30 to 34 inches tall. It would be heavy boned, crested necked, fairly low set tail, with a straight profile on it's face and lots of muscle.
That would be sooo cute
default_wub.png

My ideal horse would be my stallion Cinamax thats why i spent HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS searching for him
default_smile.png
just a rounder bum on him and he would be perfect
default_wub.png
i like a good round butt!!!! my other ideal horse is my other stallion Blue i would just like a slimer neck on him hes tied in a bit low and also solid colour im not a HUGE fan of pintos
default_smile.png
I LOVE my boys

Mare, Stallion or Gelding...

33" tall

long straight legs

long neck that ties in high

nice tight throat latch

short back

high set tail

strong hip

small tippy tight apostrophe ears

large poppy eyes

small muzzle

"straight" (non frizzy) mane hair (not a huge thing.. but while I'm "creating", why not?)

high knee action prancy pausy motion (like my Super D)

and either perlino or buckskin in color
default_yes.gif
with large star/strip/snip facial marking

WarPony you just described my Halley, a jet black mini arabymorganypercheron and 34"tall. I'll hve to scan in her pic taken recently. (before I chubbed her up for winter)

Temperament first and for most, then a nice basic build, nothing extreme in any direction. Not too refined and not too stout.

Not that helps give anyone an idea.
default_wink.png

The most important features for me would be in order of most importance:

FUN to work with

level top line

long, straight legs

good mover

neck that is in proportion with the body type

even bite

30-32" tall

nice head (not to "dished" but not straight either)

I do not care at all about color or gender.

The most important thing to me is the personality. If the horse is no fun to be around why even have it?
default_rolleyes.gif

I have my perfect horse and he is THE BEST MOVER EVER and has the titles to back it up.

My Webpage
frednationals.jpg

He seems to be producing the movement also and he has a head to die for. I am so lucky!!!

I would want:

A wonderful personality. To me that isn't necessarily a "sweet" horse, it's an interesting horse. One that thinks and makes working with them fun!

Great movement. A trotter, a mover and shaker! Movement is VERY important to me as I really love to drive. The movement that I am looking for is different than most however, I like a long stride, a horse that really uses it's shoulder, a horse that will "cut the daisies". I was a dressage rider, so that is it the kind of movement I look for. I like a forward moving horse as well. I really want to go somewhere when I'm driving.
default_wink.png

A nice length of neck is important for the horses overall balance.

Nice long legs. I want my miniature horse to LOOK like a miniature horse.

A nice big eye. The eye is the window to the soul afterall!

I don't care if it has a pretty head, but it doesn't hurt!

I don't care what color it is. Although my favorite color is bay
default_rolleyes.gif

I do happen to have my perfect horse here. I can't find anything wrong with this mare conformationally and I'm training her to drive right now. She is doing awesome! I can't wait to post pictures of her in cart!!

whiskeyside.jpg

I do so love my Chamomile, but she does have some faults... I wish she had a longer neck. BUT I have NEVER seen a miniature horse trot like this mare does. She moves like an actual warmblood. It's amazing to see her move in person. She is a dressage horse extrodinare!

I shoe a lot of dressage horses and the thing I keep hearing from ALL the riders that have watched my stallion is I wish he was full size because he moves like a grand prix horse. Heck of a compliment and makes me so proud as he is such a big mover. I like his size just fine though cause his ego is big enough. He is always there for me and there is never a dull moment with him around.

Latest posts

Back