Changing blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Valley

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get the blade back on my clippers. I did it once, when I first got them, but I can't make it go on and stay on. I really wanted to clip this afternoon. Help? These are new clippers. Only used once.

Hee hee hee... I have a pair of Laubes and we have a set of them at work too... lots of people can't get the hang of the snap on blades at first.

There should be a little metal thing sticking out that the blade slides on to, and then you turn the clippers on and snap them firmly down.

Sometimes when people aren't used to taking the blades off, they slide the blades off without pulling them up all the way and that metal thing stays down as they slide the blade off. You will need a screwdriver (I use a hoofpick sometimes too) to pry the metal thing back up while you push up on the lever that releases it.

That may be your problem?

I don't know if this makes any sense or helps you out any.

Andrea

I don't know if this makes any sense or helps you out any.Andrea
I tried that, but still can't get it to stick. I think that is the problem, it looks like the part of the blade that is supposed to go under that little hook is not going under it. Drats. This is giving me high blood pressure. I'll keep trying, and if anyone else has an idea, please tell me.

Edited to add: I can't seem to make it stick up any further. It's just not catching on that little hook. I am afraid that I'll break the little hook off if I prize on it too much or too hard.

How much force do you have to put into it?

Thanks Andrea, I'm still tinkering with it.

Stacye

Rob,

Please reply.....
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Laube blades use what I call the Double Click system...............I click them on FIRST when they are not running, then when you turn them on, give them another push down, and they should be good to go..............really hard to explain kinda..............

I can't seem to do it. My thumbs are sore from trying. I'm afraid that I've pushed too hard and done something to that little hook Andrea was talking about. I can get it to seat over the lever, the blades go, but the part that goes under that little hook doesn't catch...

Crap.

Have I messed up my new clippers? I was so proud of them!

Rob, can you fix it?

Stacye

Email me, Rob, and let me know if you can fix it, or give me some suggestions. I check my email more than I can get on the forum.

Thanks

Great news! I carried my clippers to work today, and a fellow teacher showed me what I was doing wrong. It was the little flip up thing that the blade slides down onto. I think that is what Andrea was referring to, but I couln't make sense of it.

Now I'm back in action! YAY.

Thanks Rob and Thanks Andrea for your help!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back