Celtic Hill's Colorado Sky

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
We are extremely estatic to introduce Celtic Hill's Colorado Sky AKA Bruin!

Bruin.jpg

I think he is part Great Dane, because of his face. but i am open to more suggestions. He is really skinny, and needs alot of weight! He is adjusting well to a family setting! I plan on doing agility with him, and fun stuff like that! so yea... i will try and post more pictures after i upload them!

Awww..is he precious
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
but I dont see Great Dane in him at all. We raised Great Danes for years, and so did my parents. I dont care what breed he is..he is CUTE!

He is wonderful. Look at that sweet face. I am so happy for you both

i'm trying to get better pictures! that was off my phone. The way his face is built, and how big his feet are compared to the rest of his body, leads me to belive that he is...but then again id really know that much about them. it could just be a cross! lol...he's a veary cutie mut! LOL, Zane and Bruin are sleeping side by side ! it's so cute i got pictures!

mmm...do you have one?
Nope, sure don't. But I have seen 2 in person and I have seen plenty of pictures of them. Have you looked at pictures of them by any chance? I don't need to own an Arabian to look at a photo and guess a horse might have be Arabian or have some Arabian in it.

Is that the Newington Humane Society??? It looks just like it..

Of course, I am sure that some shelters use the same plans....but it really looks like Newington!

(I used to spend alot of time threre! )

Wow,

Congrats, he has such a nice color & pattern to him........and I am sure he will be much happier when he gets more groceries. I remember reading earlier that you guys were looking at him to adopt...good for you & good for him........and it looks like he really likes your other guy, which makes the transition much easier on him too.

Yea, i was siting in gym when i got the txt message that we adopted him, it made it so much easier to run the 1/2 mile (10 laps around the gym With out stoping/walking...
default_wacko.png
) He is doing really good, knows his name already and comes when he is called! and he is such a love bug! He is kind of obsesing over the guine pig, and sits and watch him. We just tell him "leave it" and call him over.

Yes, I would say a German Shorthaired Pointer..

look at this link

Pointers

2nd column down in the middle (Jaxx) looks very similiar to your guy, if you click on the pic it will get bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong coat pattern for a pointer ( they dont come in Merle) My guess would be like someone else said Catahoula

Catahoulas are in the AKC's Foundation Stock Service program. Here's a link:

http://www.akc.org/breeds/catahoula_leopard_dog/index.cfm

Here's a link to more information about FSS:

http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Catahoulas can obtain and compete with a PAL/ILP #s because they are not on the list of approved breeds for companion events (ex. Agility). You should call to double check the accuracy of the information on the website, but even if they aren't allowed AKC isn't the be all, end all of dog sports and there are still many other venues for you to compete through.

Latest posts

Back