Can a ASPC horse have movement like a Modern....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
Yes, they can. It probably won't be as MUCH action as a true-type modern, but with enough shoes and artifical enhancement you can exaggerate the trot. You can also show an off type modern as a classic I am coming to find out too, and visa versa.

Andrea

Andrea

I dont think thats true. YOu can be really faulted for showing an off type pony in the wrong class. Definately a pony with modern action would be considered off type for classic division. Also weighted shoes are not allowed on classics. I have heard they are really trying to educate judges to stop the off types showing in the wrong divisions. Mostly people do this for example they cant place in modern so try classic. The rule book is very specific about how much action a classic pony can have. The emphasis i have been told with classics is a nice ground covering movement with forward extension

Andrea,

Kay is right the Classic's can not have the weighted shoes, and all the foot that the Moderns do. You would be very penalized by Most Judges if you did. We are trying very hard to educate the Judges and the Exhibitors as to what everyone is looking for in a Classic Shetland.

It is true that Not all Shetlands with a A behind their Reg. number are Classic in Type and it will take years and years to change that . Also not all Shetlands with a B behind their number are Modern in Type !!

With that said !! :new_shocked: I will say this is why two years ago we tried to get it passed to just show your Pony by Type
default_wacko.png
: But after careful evaluation of the situation , The Majority felt we were not ready to attempt such a task
default_wacko.png
:

Belinda

we ran into this trouble when we were showing patches. shes a modern B. Well she doesnt at all fit the modern body type but has the big movement. We only showed her in modern pleasure classes for halter as this was the only divsion she fit in. Well except for the time Justin Grabow tricked me by filling out my entry and entered me and patches in the modern halter class. I was SO EMBARRESSED!!! He was standing on the rail laughing so hard while I tried to figure out how to show a modern pony LOL. It was a sight to see. My bigger boned bigger pony patches lining up these extremely refined moderns
default_smile.png
I did manage to get him back at a later date

Latest posts

Back