Bond Rollback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMenagerie

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. But I've been looking at a mare who is a Bond Rollback granddaughter. I've been trying to do research on her pedigree, and when I try to find out anything on Bond Rollback, I'm not finding a lot. I've been able to find a head-shot picture of him, and a TON of miniature horse peoples' websites that say their horses go back to him or that he's a foundation horse in their pedigrees. But nobody says WHY they are boasting that their horses have him in their lines. I like to know why it is that a horse is considered a positive influence in a bloodline. What was it that made Bond Rollback special, what did he contribute, what are his offspring noted for--what made him noteable??

Believe he's one of those horses that the proof is in his offspring and NOT in the ribbons. He has sired numerous AMHA National and Reserve National Champions in both halter and performance but he's got several NICE sons and daughters out there that are out producing themselves and I think Tami at Oak Park will agree with her Rollback daughter OH OH and I believe she's also got several others that go back to him..

I love the head shot of Rollback, he's got a gorgeous head with just enough 'dishy arabian' look, but not super extreme like some of the horses today..
default_wub.png

This is our Rollback grandson, out of Tami's mare Reh's Oh Oh, just love him
default_wub.png

d8.png

skydoc.png

db.png

Very pretty! Love his neck & petite head
default_smile.png

One website did mention that Bond Rollback had an Arabian type head that he tended to produce in his babies. Didn't know if that was the reason he was popular. It's good to know he's produced a lot of winners and that his offspring are also carrying through in what they're producing as well; that's always a plus!

[SIZE=12pt]Bond Rollback was born in 1970. He was an "ahead of his time" stallion. He was one of the foundation stallions that lent to the refinement of the horses today
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

It's not always ribbons and titles, sometimes it's how the animal contributed to the betterment of the breed
default_wink.png

Here is a picture that Tami of Oak Park took of my little mare, Oak Park Ima Little Blue. She goes back to Bond Rollback
default_wub.png
She is the little horse of our hearts
default_wub.png

Joy

lilblue-1.jpg

Thanks so much for the info!!

And LOVELY horses :love
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Bond Rollback was born in 1970. He was an "ahead of his time" stallion. He was one of the foundation stallions that lent to the refinement of the horses today
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]It's not always ribbons and titles, sometimes it's how the animal contributed to the betterment of the breed
default_wink.png

Here is a picture that Tami of Oak Park took of my little mare, Oak Park Ima Little Blue. She goes back to Bond Rollback
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Joy

lilblue-1.jpg

She is very pretty! I got to meet Tami this past weekend. She has bred some very nice horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]It's not always ribbons and titles, sometimes it's how the animal contributed to the betterment of the breed
default_wink.png

default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Joy

lilblue-1.jpg

She is very pretty! I got to meet Tami this past weekend. She has bred some very nice horses.
[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for the compliment
default_biggrin.png
Blue is a very special girl
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Yes Tami has bred some awsome horses and her horses have a "look". You can see a horse and can tell by looking at it that its Oak Park bred. She has a good eye and is a lovely person
default_wub.png

Great to do business with too
default_smile.png

Joy

laugh.gif laugh.gif His white marking in this photo looks like a llama !!! lol..
hehe yep it does! Was one of the first things we noticed when he got home! lol

Latest posts

Back