Blue Grass Horse sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctinsley

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what the shetlands sold for yesterday and the Blue Grass Sale. I really wanted to go but we just couldn't get away. I was interested in the 4 year old stallion, lot #36.

That was the main horse we were interested in!! He had the highest bids in the sale. I believe around $2500, maybe a bit more.

I bought Lot 18, Willowlawn's Mr. Unique, by phone bid. I'm almost ashamed to say what I paid for him though! He's a gorgeous pony and should have sold for much more.

Hey Pintopizazz - do you know what the T.A.M.'s mare went for? You can PM me if you don't want to post the amount here.

$2600 is what I think he went for - he measured in at 27 1/4" and was quite handsome - he was ASPC only but could be hardshipped (was old enough) - drop dead GORGEOUS!!! and I am proud to say he was out of my price range! He deserved to sell for more than that!! He was the sale topper.

The other shetlands ranged in price from $600 to $1000 I think --- don't recall exactly. They were quite beautiful - elegantly prepped for the sale and quite a tribute to their owners and breeders.

One lovely black pinto shetland classic mare went for a ridiculously low price -- she was too big for my 6x8 stalls or I would have been tempted to bid on her!!!

The prices overall for the sale (minis and shetlands) were 93% under $1000 and a handful over that price. I would say maybe a 2-5% No Sale rate (low).

Lots of very very nice horses went through the sale. Quality of the horses was high (IMO).

Lots of people there socializing and not bidding (I was a socializer - was threatened with divorce if I brought anything equine home with me). So the bidding did not go as high as it should have.

JJay

PS Flat Lotto was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the prices. I had really wanted to be there but we couldn't get away. I talked with them about a phone bid but they told me I had to have someone there to move the horse and didn't really know anyone at the sale to ask. Oh well, I probabley didn't need him anyway.

I made arrangements before hand to have the pony go back to the seller's farm for a few days if I purchased it. I had my shipping all arranged prior to bidding and he's being picked up from the seller's farm tomorrow. You really have to have all your ducks in a row for phone bidding - it's not something that will work for everyone but it is a wonderful tool to have available! I bought a pony being sold by a farm in Ohio, at a sale in Kentucky, while driving down the interstate in Iowa, and I live in Minnesota! LOL

Lewella, I didn't get a chance the get all the prices, but I don't remember seeing that mare now that I looked at the catalog. Maybe she was a scratch?

Latest posts

Back